White Sox winner over KC threat

greg775

Reed now with saves in 5 straight games. Any idea what the record is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major..._game_records_2

Consecutive team games with a save

6 (2 tied)

Éric Gagné, Los Angeles Dodgers - May 16 through 22, 2003

Rod Beck, Chicago Cubs - August 30 through September 5, 1998

About last night. Whoda thunk that the Sox, miserable on the road and against the AL Central would go on the road and have their longest winning streak of the year against the AL Central ?

Not only that but all our hard luck starters each got a win in the past week. That couldn't have happened all season to many teams since no decisions are commonplace for starters even during win streaks.

Just goes to show ya that we got the horses for this race. Just need a few more jockey's to ride those studs to some victories a lot more often.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 01:29 AM)
Since there's no thread from tonight's win, I'll use this file. NICE PITCHING again against the punchless Royals.

I'm going to the game Thursday which means Axe will pitch and we will lose. It looks bad for me having an enjoyable night with Shields on the mound. I can only hope my arch-nemesis Dunn can connect vs. Shields. We need to keep hitting bombs and it's Dunn time. We lose Wednesday without Viciedo's bomb. Need some home runs.

My guess is we lose 7-1 or even 7-0. I may see a shutout since we're trying for a sweep.

Lol I like how just a few weeks ago you were applauding the Royals for bringing in George Brett because he turned around the Royals, and now they're the punchless Royals because they lost to the Sox.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 04:58 PM)
Lol I like how just a few weeks ago you were applauding the Royals for bringing in George Brett because he turned around the Royals, and now they're the punchless Royals because they lost to the Sox.

Look at their lineup. The loss of Cain has killed them as well as Moustakas being hurt. Getz is also not good. They've got a weak ass lineup right now especially when Butler and Gordon aren't going well. I'd like a sweep.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
so freaking what, all you do is backpeddle and spin your arguments....look at our lineup, not much better.

If the Royals hired fan favorite Ozzie Guillen and traded for AJP right now, they'd be World Series favorites.