Hillary

greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)
The question may be: Does age matter (to Hillary and the party)? She will be 68-72 during her first term and a whopping 72 to 76 in the final term. Maybe it doesn't matter because Reagan was older. But Obama was a young, vibrant candidate. Bless Hillary if she can win and keep the job at that age. Many Americans in that age group wouldn't stand a chance of getting a job anywhere and she'll have the most visible job in the world. I personally don't like her, but that's subjective as far as me believing she is mean.

Well it mattered when the candidate was McCain, so lets see the mental gymnastics that will happen to spin it into a positive for her.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 02:03 PM)
Well it mattered when the candidate was McCain, so lets see the mental gymnastics that will happen to spin it into a positive for her.

I dont think it will or can be spun into a positive, but it won't be as much of a negative since she isn't already perceived as crazy the way McCain was.

Also men die earlier than women. ;)

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 10:16 PM)
We'll also hope she doesn't pick a complete imbecile as VP

Exactly. McCain's age wasn't so much about him as it was about Palin. I don't think most people who voted for Obama even gave it a second thought about Biden being President.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 11:17 PM)
Exactly. McCain's age wasn't so much about him as it was about Palin. I don't think most people who voted for Obama even gave it a second thought about Biden being President.

McCain lost because he was/is a terrible candidate and shouldn't even be in the Senate anymore.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
McCain lost because he was/is a terrible candidate and shouldn't even be in the Senate anymore.

I wasn't saying that's why he lost per se. When people were referring to McCain's age, I heard a lot of them say they were fearful of Palin being "one heartbeat away" from the presidency. That was one of the reason's why he lost, but following Bush made it hard for any Republican to win. I don't remember anyone referring to McCain's age as being too old to serve as president. There were people who wouldn't vote for him regardless of his running mate, but I don't think age was the factor for most of them.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Sep 1, 2013 -> 05:44 AM)
I wasn't saying that's why he lost per se. When people were referring to McCain's age, I heard a lot of them say they were fearful of Palin being "one heartbeat away" from the presidency. That was one of the reason's why he lost, but following Bush made it hard for any Republican to win. I don't remember anyone referring to McCain's age as being too old to serve as president. There were people who wouldn't vote for him regardless of his running mate, but I don't think age was the factor for most of them.

I think the Palin thing was a HUGE factor. Can you imagine if McCain died and she had to take over?? It's just incomprehensible.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
Palin and Republicans lost that election for McCain. Coming off a 8 year clusterf*** of leadership didn't bode well for any Republican even if he was probably the greatest candidate ever.

Alpha Dog I liked your old avatar.

Which one was it? The one with a pug and a blow up pug or the pug humping the cat?

On the surface the Palin pick looked desperate and pandering. The majority of voters never leave the surface. I have always been a McCain fan. I've respected his abilities to work across the aisle without giving up too much of his principles.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 12:58 PM)
On the surface the Palin pick looked desperate and pandering. The majority of voters never leave the surface. I have always been a McCain fan. I've respected his abilities to work across the aisle without giving up too much of his principles.

I hated the way he seemed to think 'reaching across the aisle' was to go like gangbusters at your own side. If he went after Obama half as hard as he does his supposed fellow Republicans on some issues, it could have been an interesting contest.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 01:43 PM)
I hated the way he seemed to think 'reaching across the aisle' was to go like gangbusters at your own side. If he went after Obama half as hard as he does his supposed fellow Republicans on some issues, it could have been an interesting contest.

I personally think McCain had a chance because he's not your prototypical republican. That Sarah Palin pick though, that just didn't make much sense to anyone.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 01:43 PM)

I wish more politicians had the opportunity to "go like gangbusters" at their own side. That's how change comes about. Republicans yelling at Dems doesn't work. Dems yelling at Dems works better. And vice versa of course. What we have today is defend your team, right or wrong, and attack the other team, right or wrong.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
On the surface the Palin pick looked desperate and pandering. The majority of voters never leave the surface.

And that is why I feel Hillary has no chance. Voters don't leave the surface; she comes across as a huge grump/grinch on TV. Whether people like it or not the B word is in effect with her. I see her as losing and losing big. She'll probably never get the nomination to begin with cause she is not going to win because of her looks/personality and how it comes across IMO. Now if she wants to win, she should agree to no debates and let Bill do most of the campaigning.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 01:31 PM)
And that is why I feel Hillary has no chance. Voters don't leave the surface; she comes across as a huge grump/grinch on TV. Whether people like it or not the B word is in effect with her. I see her as losing and losing big. She'll probably never get the nomination to begin with cause she is not going to win because of her looks/personality and how it comes across IMO.

You realize that 1) very few people feel at passionately about this as you do 2) she's the most popular politician in America and 3) she would have won the nomination if the novelty factor of Obama hadn't shown up.

She will easily be the nominee, and she will easily beat anyone the GOP throws at her. Book it.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)
You realize that 1) very few people feel at passionately about this as you do 2) she's the most popular politician in America and 3) she would have won the nomination if the novelty factor of Obama hadn't shown up.

She will easily be the nominee, and she will easily beat anyone the GOP throws at her. Book it.

She is going to be second term president at the age of 75-76? Or does she just want to be the first woman president and probably not run a second term? I don't trust Hilly. Sorry. I think she's a danger.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
She is going to be second term president at the age of 75-76? Or does she just want to be the first woman president and probably not run a second term? I don't trust Hilly. Sorry. I think she's a danger.

why? have you actually answered this yet?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)

Don't the democrats have anybody else to succeed Obama? The Republicans have so little to offer that Howie Mandel could beat their candidate. It's amazing how Obama is considered weak and very very ineffective, yet if he could run again, he'd win in a landslide again. Our country is all about perception and once you get Hollywood quacking and the media machine backing somebody like Obama it's all over.

I can't believe the democrats want an aging unvibrant person like Hillary. Why is it her destiny to complete the husband/wife combo with both getting 16 years total as president? If she is all our country has to offer, my gosh.

I wish more politicians had the opportunity to "go like gangbusters" at their own side. That's how change comes about. Republicans yelling at Dems doesn't work. Dems yelling at Dems works better. And vice versa of course. What we have today is defend your team, right or wrong, and attack the other team, right or wrong.

Change is not always a good thing. Legislative attempts at forcing change are almost exclusively bad unless its like freeing the slaves or giving people more rights.