Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 12:00 PM)
Dwayne Bowe and Pierre Garcon, drafted much later, will be better than either this season.

If the game were about drafting based solely on past performance it'd be easier to be as good as I am at it.

/guywhocalledalfredmorris

I like Bowe this year, but no way he and Garcon outperform both of them.

/guywhodidntdraftmathewsinthethirdround

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
You are f***ing crazy if you think Dwayne Bowe is going to be better than White or Fitzgerald. He still has a noodle armed QB except that Smith throws even MORE in between the numbers. Bowe is a vertical, middle to deep threat wide out.

If Bowe has the same eyar as last, it would be a good year.

I could be biased because it's my team, but I think Bowe is a pretty strong WR2 this year. He's not really a vertical or deep threat. He's more of an all around WR who is going to make one bad drop a game. Fantasy-wise, he is KC's main target if they don't run the ball or check down to Charles. Alex Smith is an unspectacular yet solid QB who will look to him plenty enough to put him in the top 15 in terms of targets IMO. Moeaki is hurt so he is also their only real red zone target at this point as well.

Look at their other receivers: Avery, Jenkins, McCluster, Fasano, Kelce.

Bowe is the guy who will get all the looks. He's going to be a good fantasy WR this season.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
?

Anyone?

Bills are going to be behind and throwing, but if Tuel is anything more than disasterous, it will come as a pleasant surprise, and Marrone is going to run the ball a lot.

I'd go with Bradshaw, personally, but I'd give it a week to make sure that everyone is healthy. Your decision may end up being made for you.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
Bills are going to be behind and throwing, but if Tuel is anything more than disasterous, it will come as a pleasant surprise, and Marrone is going to run the ball a lot.

I'd go with Bradshaw, personally, but I'd give it a week to make sure that everyone is healthy. Your decision may end up being made for you.

Even in a PPR scoring league?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 05:12 PM)
I credit you for win.

;)

God I get so f***ing jacked for fantasy drafts. Back in the day, I would use 2 different Yahoo accounts just to join 8 fantasy baseball leagues for the draft alone, and then I'd never do anything during the season.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 06:39 PM)
;)

God I get so f***ing jacked for fantasy drafts. Back in the day, I would use 2 different Yahoo accounts just to join 8 fantasy baseball leagues for the draft alone, and then I'd never do anything during the season.

Drafts are definitely the most fun part.

Need some advice week 1. Need 1 Flex and 1 WR to fill.

RB Frank Gore (GB)

RB Gio Bernard (@Chi)

RB DeAngelo Williams (vs. Sea)

RB Rashard Mendenhall (@ StL)

RB Vic Ballard (@ Oak)

WR Stevie Johnson (NE)

WR Lance Moore (Atl)

WR Chris Givens (Ari)

TE Zach Sudfeld (@Buf)

It's PPR. I think Gore is the obvious flex play but everyone is so down on him this year. Sudfeld and Bernard are tempting options.

The WR spot is what I'm really struggling with. I have no idea. I wish I could play Sudfeld there. Johnson is the best but jesus they have the worst QB situation just about ever.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 07:27 PM)
You know what's not fun? Losing by .9 in the f***in championship. These wounds will not heal.

Losing by .9 to a team who has your favorite players on your favorite team who you chose not to draft because they've always choked in every other season when it counted.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 07:37 PM)
Need some advice week 1. Need 1 Flex and 1 WR to fill.

RB Frank Gore (GB)

RB Gio Bernard (@Chi)

RB DeAngelo Williams (vs. Sea)

RB Rashard Mendenhall (@ StL)

RB Vic Ballard (@ Oak)

WR Stevie Johnson (NE)

WR Lance Moore (Atl)

WR Chris Givens (Ari)

TE Zach Sudfeld (@Buf)

It's PPR. I think Gore is the obvious flex play but everyone is so down on him this year. Sudfeld and Bernard are tempting options.

The WR spot is what I'm really struggling with. I have no idea. I wish I could play Sudfeld there. Johnson is the best but jesus they have the worst QB situation just about ever.

Gore and Givens

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 09:24 AM)
Well, I might as well paste my roster from the big live draft I had over the weekend. Note - drinking beers and inputting rosters after a live draft is fun and not at the same time.

I picked 10th in a 12 teamer. All TDs worth 6. 1 bonus point every 100 yards for rushing/receiving and every 100 yards past 300 for passing.

QB Matthew Stafford - Will be better than last year, has to be right?

WR Dwayne Bowe - Alex Smith doesnt throw to outside recievers, do the research. Bad Pick.

WR Pierre Garcon - Decent, pretty much a WR2 and thats were you have him.

WR Michael Floyd - I think he will have a good year, but hes not much more than just a guy for fantasy purposes.

RB LeSean McCoy - Dont buy into him, he was lousy last year and hell never score 15+ TDs again.

RB Maurice Jones-Drew - Again, dont think MJD gets back to the form he once was.

TE Zach Sudfeld - Hell either be decent or worthless, but hes not going to blow up just because hes a NE TE.

FLEX Ryan Mathews - Awful pick for round 3. Cant stay healthy, fumbles, and comes off the field on 3rd down.

DEF who cares, but Tampa - Tampa is an excellent choice for week 1.

QB Josh Freeman - Has looked awful in the preseason but was good last year.

WR Justin Blackmon - Suspended almost half the fantasy season.

WR Vincent Brown - Unproven, bad team.

RB Bryce Brown - Good handcuff

RB Jonathan Dwyer - Not much fantasy appeal

TE Antonio Gates - Not much fantasy appeal anymore

TE Coby Fleener - Decent

Im not surprised with your mediocre WR core because you clearly took 3 RBs really early. But man, Alex Smith throws the the middle of the field or to RBs. That's why Crabtree didn't explode until Kaepernick took over. I dont think Dwayne Bowe has anything close to a WR1 fantasy year. Stafford throws too many damn interceptions and hes way more likely to throw 25-30 TDs than 40+, I do like him though in a 6pt TD league. Gotta get one of those high volume guys. Lesean McCoy and MJD are guys that I am just not high on. MJD is run down and McCoy had one year where he scored 17 TDs but he only rushed for 1300 yards. If it wasn't for that anomaly TD number hes no different than Frank Gore or present Chris Johnson and those guys aren't coveted fantasy RBs.

This is about a C- draft IMO, might be worse if this league isn't PPR.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 09:49 PM)
Just did a 12 team draft. Im trying to get different players in most of my leagues. I picked 9th.

Kaepernick

Lynch, Wilson, Lacy, M. Bush, L. Bell

Cobb, Wallace, T. Smith, Patterson, Dobson

Cook, Sudfeld

Houston D

You have way too many rookies on that team.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 02:53 AM)
Im not surprised with your mediocre WR core because you clearly took 3 RBs really early. But man, Alex Smith throws the the middle of the field or to RBs. That's why Crabtree didn't explode until Kaepernick took over. I dont think Dwayne Bowe has anything close to a WR1 fantasy year. Stafford throws too many damn interceptions and hes way more likely to throw 25-30 TDs than 40+, I do like him though in a 6pt TD league. Gotta get one of those high volume guys. Lesean McCoy and MJD are guys that I am just not high on. MJD is run down and McCoy had one year where he scored 17 TDs but he only rushed for 1300 yards. If it wasn't for that anomaly TD number hes no different than Frank Gore or present Chris Johnson and those guys aren't coveted fantasy RBs.

This is about a C- draft IMO, might be worse if this league isn't PPR.

It's an F for draft Mathews 3rd.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
?

Anyone?

Monitor the situation closely, if Bradshaw is a full go for week 1 hes an absolute start. The Raiders might be the worst team in the league. If hes iffy and only getting limited work id go with Johnson. The Bills are going to get thumped and will have to throw the majority of the game. The gamble of Johnson getting some catches in a blowout is more appealing to me than Bradshaw playing limited snaps in a game that will prolly be over by halftime, and in that case he wouldn't be out there much anyways.