Fantasy football advice thread

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 07:22 AM)
Yeah I own him too and that was disappointing. He dropped a TD and another pass later on. The good news is he had 9 targets, so it's not as if he was an afterthought in the offense.

I have Desean Jackson and Lance Moore to replace him if he continues to play like s***.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 08:54 AM)
So Manning couldn't have thrown one of his 34 TD passes last night to Eric Decker.

I have Decker, the guy I am playing has Manning. I lost this week.

That's all on Decker, Peyton threw him a perfect fade in the back of the endzone that he dropped.

And ya, it's kind of crazy that the high in fantasy points for the season for an individual probably just came in game 1. In my main league a buddy of mine has Peyton and Thomas, thankfully I'm not playing him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 10:20 AM)
That's all on Decker, Peyton threw him a perfect fade in the back of the endzone that he dropped.

And ya, it's kind of crazy that the high in fantasy points for the season for an individual probably just came in game 1. In my main league a buddy of mine has Peyton and Thomas, thankfully I'm not playing him.

Decker had an awful game. He dropped a couple of passes including a TD. I think he may have fumbled once to.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 03:23 PM)
Well, do you need a lot of points or just points. Sudfield is the more boom bust guy, you have to expect G-Reg will get 5 or so no matter what.

Thanks for the non-answer, sheesh

I think I'm gonna go with Sudfeld because the guy I'm facing has a team that's pretty well loaded.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
If you are the one trading Rodgers, Im just not sure thats a good idea in general unless you are getting a definitive upgrade.

IE Stevie Johnson to Dez Bryant

But Murray could quite possibly out perform Mojo.

I only included the Murray for MJD part a the end because I don't want to end up with 4 Cowboys players, that seems like a bad idea (Romo, Bryant, Witten, Murray).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)
What do you want me to say wite?

Its week 1, after week 1 you can actually make intelligent arguments for why a guy should start. Trying to guess at the Patriots offense right now is difficult until I see it.

I want you to look the f*** into the future and tell me who scores more points so I can start that person.

I only kid, I'm gonna go Sudfeld because it's week 1, this is going to be one of the best teams in the league (I think anyways), and I like my depth otherwise.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
Thanks for the non-answer, sheesh

I think I'm gonna go with Sudfeld because the guy I'm facing has a team that's pretty well loaded.

Im assuming you drafted Sudfeld to use while Gronk was out. Hes only gonna be out a few weeks so you might as well use him while he has value.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
Im assuming you drafted Sudfeld to use while Gronk was out. Hes only gonna be out a few weeks so you might as well use him while he has value.

and then we hope Gronk falls on his arm and breaks it for the 6th time

I mean, not literally hope, but wouldn't be saddened by it

One guy in my league has Manning and Welker. Yikes

Of course I have Decker who did nothing for me. Someone is going to be the odd man out in Denver for catching balls and I think it may be Decker. I may have to go with Hilton or Givens next week. The guy I'm playing in week 2 has Luck so I may go with Hilton in hopes he catches a TD and cancels his QB out.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
One guy in my league has Manning and Welker. Yikes

Of course I have Decker who did nothing for me. Someone is going to be the odd man out in Denver for catching balls and I think it may be Decker. I may have to go with Hilton or Givens next week. The guy I'm playing in week 2 has Luck so I may go with Hilton in hopes he catches a TD and cancels his QB out.

Peyton spreads the ball around pretty well. I agree that I think Decker is going to be worse this year, but he'll have his games. Wait for a big week and then deal him if you can.

I'm curious what is the waiver period time for your leagues? Every league I've ever played in the waiver period starts as soon as that players game starts. I'm in a new league this year and the waiver period for all players isnt until Sunday 1pm. So some guy picked up the Denver TE during the game last night. So now I'm reading all the rules/settings in this league I'm in now.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 05:08 PM)
I'm curious what is the waiver period time for your leagues? Every league I've ever played in the waiver period starts as soon as that players game starts. I'm in a new league this year and the waiver period for all players isnt until Sunday 1pm. So some guy picked up the Denver TE during the game last night. So now I'm reading all the rules/settings in this league I'm in now.

It's as soon as the player's game starts. Anything else is just stupid, because your above scenario plays out. Defeats the whole purpose of waivers.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 07:24 PM)
Start Vereen or Thompkins as flex?

Really tough call there.

I'd say Vereen is a more safe play, where as Thompkins is probably more boom/bust.

Not sure what I'd do, may depend on what you think you need on Sunday. High potential/risk, or just some guaranteed points.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 07:24 PM)
Start Vereen or Thompkins as flex?

I'm going to Badger you...it depends. Vereen is a far safer bet (especially in PPR leagues), but Thompkins has big play and scoreability. Let your matchup dictate it.

Am I crazy for thinking about starting Vick over Cam this week? Washington D versus Seattle D