Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 02:31 PM)
Got to hope to ride Royal

I picked up Royal after week 1, kept him on my bench in week 2 (ouch).

This week he's got Tennessee, who's been pretty stingy so far...but it's Royal or Edelman...I'm thinking Royal will get some special attention this week from the Tenn defense and I've got to think the Pats are going to come out and score points coming off a 10 day layoff...

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
I think I would lose my goddamn mind if that happened to me.

Actually yeah I think one time I was up 14 points with nobody left, and we have a single dplayer in our league. They had Darrelle Revis. I didn't even think about it, checked my phone, that day revis had a pick-6 and like 8 tackles and I had lost.

A few seasons ago I had a game where I was up 1 and had all my players done and the other team had Frank Gore going on MNF so I assumed I was gonna lose, and then Gore got hurt on his first carry and I won by under a point. So Ive had some luck in the past, this one just stung for some reason.

So I'd like to pick up McGahee since my backs are currently Foster, Jones-Drew and Bernard Pierce (14 team league) and I want some depth but I can't figure out which WR to drop out of Miles Austin, Josh Gordon and Eddie Royal (I also have Fitzgerald, Tavon Austin and Steve Smith) or whether I should even drop one for McGahee. Thoghts?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 05:48 PM)
So I'd like to pick up McGahee since my backs are currently Foster, Jones-Drew and Bernard Pierce (14 team league) and I want some depth but I can't figure out which WR to drop out of Miles Austin, Josh Gordon and Eddie Royal (I also have Fitzgerald, Tavon Austin and Steve Smith) or whether I should even drop one for McGahee. Thoghts?

I'd probably drop Royal but wouldn't even consider anyone else.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 10:48 PM)

I have a feeling Gordon's value went in the crapper.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 06:54 PM)
Well great, now I have 2 useless runningbacks (Ridley and Bradshaw). I can't believe I am 2-0 with my awful running corps. Keep slingin' it, Aaron Rodgers!

Yeah, I fell for the Ridley trap too. I'm benching him this weekend. I'm hoping Ray Rice is out since I drafted Pierce. I may use Pierce as my flex with Chris Johnson and McCoy as my starting RB.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 05:19 PM)
Shorts, Royal or Knowshon Moreno for the flex in a PPR. (assuming Gronk doesn't return)

Moreno. Should get a lot of touches in a presumed blowout. And most likely to score a TD.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 06:54 PM)
Well great, now I have 2 useless runningbacks (Ridley and Bradshaw). I can't believe I am 2-0 with my awful running corps. Keep slingin' it, Aaron Rodgers!

I have Ridley and Bradshaw too but fortunately they are only my RB3 and RB4. Someone just dropped Bilal Powell so if he passes through waivers I'm going to drop Bradshaw for him.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)
I have a feeling Gordon's value went in the crapper.

I disagree. Cleveland will be throwing a lot this year.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 08:18 AM)
With Richardson being a "Do Not Play" this week...not sure who to start in his place. I picked up Bobby Rainey (who is starting this week in Cleveland), Ben Tate and Danny Woodhead. PPR league.

I picked up Rainey too but then dropped him minutes later in favor of McGahee. Hopefully he passes his physical.

I'd go Woodhead in a PPR.

With Stephen Jackson out who should I play at flex? Right now I have Julius Thomas starting there but I also have Eddie Royal and Coby Fleener(Dwayne Allen is out). I feel like I should wait a week to consider McGahee there.

Would you guys start Royal over Garcon/T. Smith/Shorts?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 09:57 AM)
I picked up Rainey too but then dropped him minutes later in favor of McGahee. Hopefully he passes his physical.

With Stephen Jackson out who should I play at flex? Right now I have Julius Thomas starting there but I also have Eddie Royal and Coby Fleener(Dwayne Allen is out). I feel like I should wait a week to consider McGahee there.

I have pretty much the same problem. My 4 WR are Calvin Johnson (start) and Royal, Shorts and T. Smith. I think I'm going with Royal for a boom or bust week.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 02:17 PM)
Moreno. Should get a lot of touches in a presumed blowout. And most likely to score a TD.

I have Ridley and Bradshaw too but fortunately they are only my RB3 and RB4. Someone just dropped Bilal Powell so if he passes through waivers I'm going to drop Bradshaw for him.

I disagree. Cleveland will be throwing a lot this year.

Not sure how you figure. They didn't trade away any pieces of their legitimately good to great defense, they made their already bad offense worse. I doubt they will be running more plays at all.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 08:18 AM)
With Richardson being a "Do Not Play" this week...not sure who to start in his place. I picked up Bobby Rainey (who is starting this week in Cleveland), Ben Tate and Danny Woodhead. PPR league.

Yea Trent being traded kinda screwed me over too. Thank god I have McCoy, but I have a few guys banged up (Lacy, D. Richardson, etc.) already.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 09:57 AM)

I'd start Royal this week over Shorts, brutal matchup against SEA. You'd basically be relying on garbage time to get him any points.

ugh... my lackluster QB corps have me in a dilemma... Russell Wilson or Tony Romo... pretty much every site says one or the other is primed for a "big week"

Jared Cook or Gonzo?

how do you people make these choices in fantasy football? There's a reason I never have bench hitters in my baseball leagues. Too much tinkering.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 01:33 PM)
ugh... my lackluster QB corps have me in a dilemma... Russell Wilson or Tony Romo... pretty much every site says one or the other is primed for a "big week"

Jared Cook or Gonzo?

how do you people make these choices in fantasy football? There's a reason I never have bench hitters in my baseball leagues. Too much tinkering.

I like Wilson this week.

fantasypros.com is a good aggregation site for rankings BTW.