Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 12:47 PM)
Need to play one: Justin Blackmon, Vincent Jackson, TY Hilton, Nate Washington. Currently have Blackmon in the lineup.

Blackmon. Gonna pile up yards in garbage time -- which might be three quarters' worth.

Edited by maggsmaggs

Since this has been a topic here recently, Matthew Berry just addressed this in his Love/Hate today

Veto the veto. You've heard me say this before, but until this miscarriage of justice is abolished, you're going to keep hearing it. Unless you can prove actual collusion, no trade should ever be vetoed. It is not your job to manage someone's team for them. Everyone should be allowed to manage their own team their own way. Even if you don't agree with it. Even if it's badly. You don't think he got nearly enough for his star tight end? So what? Not your team, not your tight end. The guy dealing him thought he got a good deal, that's all that matters. There's a special level of hell reserved for the people who veto just because it's a deal that didn't involve them or because "it's part of their strategy." That's not strategy, it's being a jerk. Win on the virtual field, not in some technocratic loophole. The art of negotiation is a skill in fantasy and is part of the game. A big part.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)
Since this has been a topic here recently, Matthew Berry just addressed this in his Love/Hate today

I completely disagree. It DOES affect you when you are having to play this now super team, or this super team is in your division and it's a reason you get booted out of the playoffs. It's not fair to have 2 teams working together with twice the amount of draft picks and players available.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
I completely disagree. It DOES affect you when you are having to play this now super team, or this super team is in your division and it's a reason you get booted out of the playoffs. It's not fair to have 2 teams working together with twice the amount of draft picks and players available.

Yeah, he clearly says "if you can prove collusion" (or how I read it, if it's clearly collusion), he has no problem vetoing. If it's obviously a bad team giving all his good players to a really good team, then yeah, veto the deal. Don't veto a deal just because it makes a good team better.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)

That's collusion though.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 12:17 AM)
Assuming this is a 2 qb league but I dont see why anyone would trade a premiere receiver for Bowe and Pryor.

It is a 2 QB league and it is also 6 points per TD pass. Im not asking for Calvin Johnson or Dez Bryant, but I think with our league settings and it being a 2 for 1 deal its more than fair. Hes the 19th overall scoring QB and thats with missing one game.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 12:25 PM)
Ugh, I'd hate to start Jacobs. He's done nothing...Scott will still get work. You're basically banking on trying to get a TD or 2 or it could be a very small output. I'd probably lean NE guys.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)
I feel like there is real potential for Hillman to get 12-15 touches vs Jacksonville. Jacobs is awful and you'd have to hope for a goal line plunge and that whole NE backfield is a crap shoot.

Glad I ignored you turds and told my wife to start Jacobs.

Me having Forte and my opponent having the Bears d resulted in a 14.1 to 14 Thursday night, fun way to start the week.

The great thing about having Forte is his floor is so damn high, his bad games are still going to result in a decent amount of points.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)

You missed something reading what he said the first time. Re-read it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
Glad I ignored you turds and told my wife to start Jacobs.

:lol:

I did say you gotta hope for a goal line plunge, and in this case he got two. He's still awful though

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 11:08 AM)
Last place team (0-5) made a trade with the first place team and a couple of owners are calling bulls***. This is a 2 QB otherwise traditional league. What do you guys think?

Joe Flacco and Matt Forte (last place)

for

Josh Gordon, Alex Smith and Bilal Powell (first place)

That doesn't look like collusion to me.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 12:08 PM)
Last place team (0-5) made a trade with the first place team and a couple of owners are calling bulls***. This is a 2 QB otherwise traditional league. What do you guys think?

Joe Flacco and Matt Forte (last place)

for

Josh Gordon, Alex Smith and Bilal Powell (first place)

What's wrong with it? Flacco and Smith are both QB2s. Flacco more upside but has more duds and Smith more consistently average. Forte big upgrade to Powell obviously, but some, including me, value Gordon as a WR in the 15-20 range. Looks like a pretty fair trade to me

Someone dropped Tavon Austin in a league I'm in. I'm debating putting in a waiver claim and dropping Steve Smith. It is for my WR4 spot. PPR league, also awards 1 point per 20 return yards. I'm not super high on Austin this year, but I feel he might be an upgrade to Smith later on this season. Thoughts?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 05:20 PM)
Someone dropped Tavon Austin in a league I'm in. I'm debating putting in a waiver claim and dropping Steve Smith. It is for my WR4 spot. PPR league, also awards 1 point per 20 return yards. I'm not super high on Austin this year, but I feel he might be an upgrade to Smith later on this season. Thoughts?

Man, Austins been tough. First few weeks he had 6 catches, but they have no idea what to do with him right now.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
A trade was offered to me. My Knowshon Moreno for Antonio Brown. My starters at RB are Gore and Lynch.

Moreno is very hit and miss as they sit him if they get a lead and let Hillman and Ball play.

I like Brown over Moreno overall, but who is your 4th RB? You'll need a backup for bye weeks.