Fantasy football advice thread

f***ing Cowboys couldn't kick a chip soht FG or score one more TD.. I would've won. Instead I lose by .87 points, drop to 4th place and have to see the #1 seed. Might be a blessing in disguise though. AP might be out and his RBs (Bush, Moreno) are banged up. Should be interesting though and I'm not benching Decker this time!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:58 PM)
f***ing Cowboys couldn't kick a chip soht FG or score one more TD.. I would've won. Instead I lose by .87 points, drop to 4th place and have to see the #1 seed. Might be a blessing in disguise though. AP might be out and his RBs (Bush, Moreno) are banged up. Should be interesting though and I'm not benching Decker this time!

Oh cry me a f***ing river. I just lost by 0.32 points and have been eliminated from the playoffs because Kyle Orton (WHOM MY f***ING TEAM IS NAMED AFTER) led an inexplicable drive down the field and scored a TD with 5 seconds left in the game, allowing Dan Bailey to get the XP and me to be eliminated from the playoffs. I was 0.33 points away from going to the Championship game....

BbGaQUWCIAA_duL.jpg

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:36 PM)
Oh cry me a f***ing river. I just lost by 0.32 points and have been eliminated from the playoffs because Kyle Orton (WHOM MY f***ING TEAM IS NAMED AFTER) led an inexplicable drive down the field and scored a TD with 5 seconds left in the game, allowing Dan Bailey to get the XP and me to be eliminated from the playoffs. I was 0.33 points away from going to the Championship game....

BbGaQUWCIAA_duL.jpg

This makes me feel slightly better. :D

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:41 AM)
This makes me feel slightly better. :D

Had I not have had a nice phone, I would have put it through the f***ing wall. I'm more mad about that than the Cowboys losing. Defense is decimated with injuries, there is nothing they could do. But that crushing loss in fantasy just boiled over for me. Thank god it wasn't a money league, I would have shredded apart my friend's house.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:51 PM)
Had I not have had a nice phone, I would have put it through the f***ing wall. I'm more mad about that than the Cowboys losing. Team is decimated with injuries, there is nothing they could do. But that crushing loss in fantasy just boiled over for me. Thank god it wasn't a money league, I would have shredded apart my friend's house.

The Bears arent decimated with injuries?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:12 AM)
Not like the Cowboys are defensively, which is what I meant. Their offense is relatively healthy, just couldn't move the ball in the 2nd half for whatever reason.

Who are they missing? The Bears are missing Briggs, DJ Williams, Peanut, Melton etc.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:36 AM)

BbGaQUWCIAA_duL.jpg

That sucks. I've had real s***ty luck in 2 of my 3 leagues this year so I get it. But your real problem appears to be that you decided to play the St Louis defense on the road...

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

Good lord, was flipping around one of my leagues and noticed that this team went 5-8 and finished in 10th place...

QB- Brady, Rivers and Big Ben

WR- Demaryius, Hilton, Hartline and Burleson

RB- Peterson, Moreno, Gore

TE- Gonzalez, Reed and Housler

K/D- whatever

2nd most points. That s*** is crazy, especially since my s***ty-ass team where I drafted Ray Rice, David Wilson, Roddy White and Lamar Miller in the first 4 rounds is in the semifinals.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 11:45 PM)
Well, now that both of my QBs (RG3 and Vick) have lost their starting jobs, I have Dalton and Cousins as my choices for a starter. Dalton against Pitt or Cousins against Atlanta?

Dalton v. Pitt. Pitt's pass d sucks. AJ Green vs. Ike Taylor? LOL.

Need to fill

RB

Flex

With Moreno, Bush (Monday), and White. PPR.

Have J. Bell as well to backup Bush. But with Monday being questionable for Bush, and the fact that they may split more than normal, I'm thinking Moreno and White at this point. He's had I think 24 targets past 2 weeks. Seems like the safer play for now.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 07:54 PM)
Need to fill

RB

Flex

With Moreno, Bush (Monday), and White. PPR.

Have J. Bell as well to backup Bush. But with Monday being questionable for Bush, and the fact that they may split more than normal, I'm thinking Moreno and White at this point. He's had I think 24 targets past 2 weeks. Seems like the safer play for now.

FWIW it appears White was limited in practice yesterday with a new kneee injury. Don't think it's severe, but the guy has been hurt all year and any new ailment would alarm me if I was thinking of starting him

Asking people's opinion on Montee Ball. Just picked him up. It's a huge gamble, but his snaps have increased lately and Moreno is a bit banged up. (I'm facing Moreno tonight btw)

Should I start Ball or wait out and see if Lacy plays (hopefully) and/or Le'Veon Bell as a flex? This is NON PPR.

My Rb's.. McCoy (must start) Lacy, Bell, Ball. Pick 3 from that list.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
Asking people's opinion on Montee Ball. Just picked him up. It's a huge gamble, but his snaps have increased lately and Moreno is a bit banged up. (I'm facing Moreno tonight btw)

Should I start Ball or wait out and see if Lacy plays (hopefully) and/or Le'Veon Bell as a flex? This is NON PPR.

My Rb's.. McCoy (must start) Lacy, Bell, Ball. Pick 3 from that list.

I would try to wait it out to play Lacy, maybe pick up Starks if available.

I don't see a huge difference in potential between Bell and Ball, and actually think Ball has a better chance to score. I'd probably roll the dice with Ball, then Sunday place Lacy if he's active, and if not, you have Bell to go to.

If you sit Ball, you roll the dice that Lacy plays, and if he doesn't come Sunday, you better have Starks or someone off the waiver wire ready to go.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 10:54 AM)
I would try to wait it out to play Lacy, maybe pick up Starks if available.

I don't see a huge difference in potential between Bell and Ball, and actually think Ball has a better chance to score. I'd probably roll the dice with Ball, then Sunday place Lacy if he's active, and if not, you have Bell to go to.

If you sit Ball, you roll the dice that Lacy plays, and if he doesn't come Sunday, you better have Starks or someone off the waiver wire ready to go.

The asshole I'm playing against picked up Starks and Gerhart. That's one s***ty thing about working a night shift job, you miss stuff like updates and such in the morning. (speaking of which, I should get some sleep now) Can't believe I'm gonna play Ball. If he does well for me Krush, I'll owe you big time.. maybe put whatever you want on my sig or something or fed-ex you a beer.. :lol:

It's risky considering I'm also playing Decker and Julius Thomas. I know Peyton likes to feed people, but I might have a turd in the punchbowl somewhere in there...

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
The asshole I'm playing against picked up Starks and Gerhart. That's one s***ty thing about working a night shift job, you miss stuff like updates and such in the morning. (speaking of which, I should get some sleep now) Can't believe I'm gonna play Ball. If he does well for me Krush, I'll owe you big time.. maybe put whatever you want on my sig or something or fed-ex you a beer.. :lol:

It's risky considering I'm also playing Decker and Julius Thomas. I know Peyton likes to feed people, but I might have a turd in the punchbowl somewhere in there...

If you can't get Starks and there's no one like Gerhart to pick up, you're really, really risking a 0 come Sunday if you only have Lacy and Bell. I'd rather get points at this point considering IMO, Bell and Ball have similar expectations for the week.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)
PPR league, I need to start 2 RBs out of Tate, Gerhart, Spiller, Sproles, Rainey

I'm fairly sure I'm playing Tate and am leaning towards Gerhart if he's the starter. I just don't know if I can trust the others. I'd play Rainey again if he wasn't going up against SF

Yeah, I'd go Tate and Gerhart as long as he's starting.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 12:51 PM)
After losing Foster, I have 5 RB 2 typish backs to choose from every week and I've been getting killed every time. Whoever I sit goes off.

2 RB slots and a FLEX. Who do you play?

Chris Johnson vs. AZ

Ben Tate @ IND

Giovanni Bernard @ PIT

Stephen Jackson vs. WSH

Chris Ivory @ CAR

I am thinking Ivory is basically a sure sit. Otherwise I am clueless. If it makes it easier, who from CJ2K, Tate, Bernard and Jackson do you sit?

Tate for sure. I'd go Bernard in a PPR. I actually make go SJax in a standard since he's most likely to score a TD

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
After losing Foster, I have 5 RB 2 typish backs to choose from every week and I've been getting killed every time. Whoever I sit goes off.

2 RB slots and a FLEX. Who do you play?

Chris Johnson vs. AZ

Ben Tate @ IND

Giovanni Bernard @ PIT

Stephen Jackson vs. WSH

Chris Ivory @ CAR

I am thinking Ivory is basically a sure sit. Otherwise I am clueless. If it makes it easier, who from CJ2K, Tate, Bernard and Jackson do you sit?

Wow, tough call. I'd be sitting CJ2K. ARZ defense is best or one of the best against the run. I think you could get lucky and get a Jackson TD in that game, and the potential of Bernard and Tate to have good games is too hard to sit them.