Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 08:03 PM)
I'm going to Badger you...it depends. Vereen is a far safer bet (especially in PPR leagues), but Thompkins has big play and scoreability. Let your matchup dictate it.

Am I crazy for thinking about starting Vick over Cam this week? Washington D versus Seattle D

Nothing you said here makes sense.

Thompkins is the safer bet, but Vereen has more big play and score ability.

Thompkins led the Pats in catches and was 2nd in targets this preseason. He will also be starting in a position that produced 911 yards and 4 TDs last season, so he could see similar production with IMO fewer yards and more TDs.

As far as Vick and Cam goes, you have to play Cam. You don't ever sit your fantasy studs because of match ups.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 08:35 AM)
Nothing you said here makes sense.

Thompkins is the safer bet, but Vereen has more big play and score ability.

Thompkins led the Pats in catches and was 2nd in targets this preseason. He will also be starting in a position that produced 911 yards and 4 TDs last season, so he could see similar production with IMO fewer yards and more TDs.

As far as Vick and Cam goes, you have to play Cam. You don't ever sit your fantasy studs because of match ups.

None of this makes sense.

I think when you said "this preseason," you lost all credibility.

He is going to play the X. That is Brandon Lloyd's position. He went for like 60/911/5 or something, which is solid, but do you expect Thompkins to be able to handle NFL defenses - even the Bills - right from the start? Remember Stephen Williams?

Anyways, the question I still wonder about...how are Vereen and Thompkins your FLEX choies? In week 1, This better be a 16 team league, otherwise...f***, you're screwed for the rest of the year unless Ridley gets hurt. Better start drinking your own piss.

---

The reason I'd start Vick this week - and this week only - is because Cam is agianst arguably the best defense in the league and Vick is against a defense that still features Deangelo Hall as a starter. Sticking with my studs has cost me in the past. Thank you, I'm starting Vick..

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 09:50 AM)
None of this makes sense.

I think when you said "this preseason," you lost all credibility.

He is going to play the X. That is Brandon Lloyd's position. He went for like 60/911/5 or something, which is solid, but do you expect Thompkins to be able to handle NFL defenses - even the Bills - right from the start? Remember Stephen Williams?

Anyways, the question I still wonder about...how are Vereen and Thompkins your FLEX choies? In week 1, This better be a 16 team league, otherwise...f***, you're screwed for the rest of the year unless Ridley gets hurt. Better start drinking your own piss.

---

The reason I'd start Vick this week - and this week only - is because Cam is agianst arguably the best defense in the league and Vick is against a defense that still features Deangelo Hall as a starter. Sticking with my studs has cost me in the past. Thank you, I'm starting Vick..

Team records and scrubs don't matter for the preseason.. Targets and such DO

Your opinion though, think whatever you want.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 09:59 AM)
Team records and scrubs don't matter for the preseason.. Targets and such DO

Your opinion though, think whatever you want.

I'm saying Brandon Lloyd, said person of multpile 1000 yard years (even if didnt in St Louis), somehow managed 60/900/5 or whatever last year when Brady never really ever looked for him. Thompkins is an undrafted free agent. There's a bit of a learning curve. Counting on Thompkins this week is like buying a scratch lotto ticket.

Vereen will get his catches. And he will get some yards. Probably not more than 7 points worth in non-PPR, but he'll get his

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
I am having the same debate. Should my flex be Tavon Austin, Ahmad Bradshaw, or Golden Tate. Right now I have Bradshaw in there.

I'm contemplating Ballard because of Bradshaws ankle and he didnt play much in preseason.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 11:46 AM)
I'm saying Brandon Lloyd, said person of multpile 1000 yard years (even if didnt in St Louis), somehow managed 60/900/5 or whatever last year when Brady never really ever looked for him. Thompkins is an undrafted free agent. There's a bit of a learning curve. Counting on Thompkins this week is like buying a scratch lotto ticket.

Vereen will get his catches. And he will get some yards. Probably not more than 7 points worth in non-PPR, but he'll get his

Actually Brandon LLoyd only has one career 1,000 yard season. It doesn't matter if he was signed off the street, hes going to be a starter in a NE offense that is missing all their top receiving threats from a year ago. Hes going to be on the field, and hes going to have Tom Brady throwing him the ball.

Counting on Thompkins this week is like buying a scratch off that already guarantees you some money, but with a chance for a bigger payout. I like Vereen and also think he will get his catches but I think Thompkins will have more opportunities to score points than Vereen.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
I am having the same debate. Should my flex be Tavon Austin, Ahmad Bradshaw, or Golden Tate. Right now I have Bradshaw in there.

Ide rank it Bradshaw, Tate, Austin.

But that all depends on is it PPR? Do you get return points?

If tomorrow morning Bradshaw is going to play, I play him. If hes not going to play, ide prolly prefer Tate over Austin.

Edited by TRU

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)
Ide rank it Bradshaw, Tate, Austin.

But that all depends on is it PPR? Do you get return points?

If tomorrow morning Bradshaw is going to play, I play him. If hes not going to play, ide prolly prefer Tate over Austin.

We do not get PPR, but we do get points for a KO and PR TD.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 04:51 PM)
I think you sit Austin just because you have no idea what his role may be. Ballard should be good for at least 15 carries even if he is one of the least sexy options around.

I agree. Until proven otherwise I'm sticking with the thought that Chris Givens is the Rams WR you want to own right now

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
We do not get PPR, but we do get points for a KO and PR TD.

Non PPR ide say Bradshaw (If hes playing), Tate, Austin

I don't look too much into Bradshaw not playing in the preseason because that could have just been to keep him protected. Whats interesting to me is hes a 1 year rental so the Colts are just going to use the crap out of him because hes not in the long term plans.

Oakland is going to be fighting with the Jets for worst team in the league, I love all defense plays against them and any high powered offense players against them. I think Bradshaw will play tomorrow, and I think hell do good. The worst part would be for him to play sparingly and the game to be over by halftime. Either way, I think Tate or Bradshaw is the best route to go. Tavon if you're into taking risks.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
Why did I bench Stevie Johnson

I have him in a few leagues and played him in 1 or 2. idk why everyone was so down on him, have to figure Buffalo would be passing and rookie or not its not hard to get better QB play than Fitzpatrick.

My teams are eating a giant pot of genital jambalaya so far. Wilson, White and Lamar Miller killing me in one league and Spiller and Shorts doing it in the other.

Edit- Wilson hit a long touchdown right as I typed that. Could use some more though!

Edited by ZoomSlowik