Fantasy football advice thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 09:29 PM)
I know what you're rooting for, but from someone who has no skin in it...how the f*** is that not a defensive touchdown? Defies all logic.

Oh there's absolutely no argument from me. It's just annoying now that I got stat corrected to a win, yahoo puts out an explanation for it and now it looks like I'll get stat corrected back to a loss. Yahoo just f***in with me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 01:26 PM)
Yeah, seems as though I caught you at the right time since my team didn't do much better.

I actually had thoughts of keeping White in over Gordon and playing McGahee over Cook which would have cost me 26 points and lead you to an easy victory...luckily I didn't.

Well s***, I should have hyped Roddy White in this thread all week then. :lol:

I would have been undefeated in 3 of my 4 Yahoo leagues if I did somehow win this week in the Soxtalk league.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 11:24 PM)
I had Eric Decker on my bench... f***... me.

The Yahoo blurb about last night's game was that a lot of people DROPPED Decker after his awful game in week 1. You never overreact based on one game, especially the first game of the season.

I had a guy tell me a week ago (on Monday night before Bernard had his break out game) he dropped Giovanni Bernard because he was Law Firm's backup. I was puzzled as hell. Looks like it's the other way around now.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)
The Yahoo blurb about last night's game was that a lot of people DROPPED Decker after his awful game in week 1. You never overreact based on one game, especially the first game of the season.

I had a guy tell me a week ago (on Monday night before Bernard had his break out game) he dropped Giovanni Bernard because he was Law Firm's backup. I was puzzled as hell. Looks like it's the other way around now.

It's always amazing seeing the sleeper recommendations with %owned as their basis, and I'm always wondering what kind of leagues could have these players available.

Ok I have a fantasy trade question. I'm in a 12 team league, I'm stacked at WR with Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, and Victor Cruz. I can play all 3 at once because of the Flex position and I have DeAndre Hopkins as my 4th WR. But I'm very weak at RB. I have Arian Foster and Rashard Mendenhall as my 2 running backs. Chris Ivory and Micheal Bush are now my only 2 backups. So I basically have nothing at the RB.

So naturally someone who's heavy at RB and weak at WR approached me and gave me 3 trade possibilities.

1. Victor Cruz for Maurice Jones-Drew

2. Julio Jones for Maurice Jones-Drew

3. DeAndre Hopkins for Ben Tate.

He also has Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Ryan Matthews and Ahmad Bradshaw for RB's.

Think any of those 3 trades might be a good idea? Or asking for another RB instead? Help please! I'm 3-0 right now whereas he's 0-3 so he probably is pretty desperate.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 11:34 PM)
Ok I have a fantasy trade question. I'm in a 12 team league, I'm stacked at WR with Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, and Victor Cruz. I can play all 3 at once because of the Flex position and I have DeAndre Hopkins as my 4th WR. But I'm very weak at RB. I have Arian Foster and Rashard Mendenhall as my 2 running backs. Chris Ivory and Micheal Bush are now my only 2 backups. So I basically have nothing at the RB.

So naturally someone who's heavy at RB and weak at WR approached me and gave me 3 trade possibilities.

He also has Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Ryan Matthews and Ahmad Bradshaw for RB's.

Think any of those 3 trades might be a good idea? Or asking for another RB instead? Help please! I'm 3-0 right now whereas he's 0-3 so he probably is pretty desperate.

If he will give you Tate for Hopkins do it.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 12:34 AM)

That's not heavy at RB. Those guys are all question marks this season.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 12:34 AM)

Take a flier with Tate for Hopkins. Don't trade for any of his other RBs

Trade Drew as fast as you can take the WR you like best from 1 and 2.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
Trying to get Roddy White for Ryan Mathews in my other league. I feel like he might bite.

I have White on 2 of my teams and he kinda scares me this year. He keeps trying to play on a bum ankle, I don't know why he just doesn't sit out a week or 2 to get it healthy.

That said Ryan Mathews is garbage anyway so it doesn't hurt to take a flyer on White.

With that all being said....

I got Steve Smith on a bye week so who'd you start, Roddy White or Cordarrelle Patterson?

Also

Fred Jackson or Willis McGahee at flex? Hoping we get some Spiller injury news to make this decision easier for me.

Edited by scs787

dude trade Julio Jones guy is complete garbage.

jk, can't believe you'd consider that.

I'd look at Cruz for Jones-Drew. MJD had a passable game against the Seahawks - easier schedule coming.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 05:48 PM)
dude trade Julio Jones guy is complete garbage.

jk, can't believe you'd consider that.

I'd look at Cruz for Jones-Drew. MJD had a passable game against the Seahawks - easier schedule coming.

I feel like Cruz could fetch more. I know you shouldn't look at value like this but MJD has had a garbage start whereas Cruz has not really. He should not be able to land a top 10 WR with MJD being a 20-25 back at this point. (He gets no yards, so you have to pray for TDs, good luck with that Jax)

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 05:43 PM)
I have White on 2 of my teams and he kinda scares me this year. He keeps trying to play on a bum ankle, I don't know why he just doesn't sit out a week or 2 to get it healthy.

That said Ryan Mathews is garbage anyway so it doesn't hurt to take a flyer on White.

With that all being said....

I got Steve Smith on a bye week so who'd you start, Roddy White or Cordarrelle Patterson?

Also

Fred Jackson or Willis McGahee at flex? Hoping we get some Spiller injury news to make this decision easier for me.

I have bad WRs so I need to take some flyers. Dwayne Bowe, man, I drafted him just before someone wrote that great post about how Alex Smith's checkdowns would make him worthless. They were right f'ing on.

I learned a great lesson for newbie players this week. Don't have all matchups with good teams against bad teams. Marshon Lynch and Knowshon moreno got me nothing as RB because the respective teams got so far ahead they were benched by the third quarter.

It's difficult to pick different matchups. I'd like to hear other philosophies on how people pick which players to play not just advice on who to play.