Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
I traded Frank Gore for Eric Decker. Ppr. Gore was my flex, Bernard now steps up there. Morris and Rice are my rbs. Stevie Johnson and Roddy White my wrs...yeah.

Great trade for me.

Good trade for you. I drafted Roddy White in one of my leagues that I don't care about...and it's probably one of the worst picks I've ever made, given that I took him in the 3rd round.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
Good trade for you. I drafted Roddy White in one of my leagues that I don't care about...and it's probably one of the worst picks I've ever made, given that I took him in the 3rd round.

It's only a bad pick because we didn't know he had a serious ankle injury beforehand. I think week 7 on we see the normal Roddy White. If we knew it was a high ankle sprain in preseason, he would have moved down a bit. Knowing what we knew, he was fine as a 3rd rounder. That's less on owners, more on just not having the right information because they withheld it from everyone.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)
It's only a bad pick because we didn't know he had a serious ankle injury beforehand. I think week 7 on we see the normal Roddy White. If we knew it was a high ankle sprain in preseason, he would have moved down a bit. Knowing what we knew, he was fine as a 3rd rounder. That's less on owners, more on just not having the right information because they withheld it from everyone.

Ya, he started to look much better yesterday. Give him the bye week and you might start to get Roddy White like production out of him in week 7.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 02:31 PM)
I wonder if Jake will thank us now...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
:lol:

lol obviously I look good now, but this is exactly why I don't see the point of vetoing a trade. He only had to miss 2 or 3 games to make it a lopsided deal with both performing at a high level, which is always a decent possibility in football

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
I needed 13 from Julio last night in a non ppr, there are yardage bonus's though, so 100 yards or 70 yards and a td. He ends up with 99 yards...now hes injured

Yeah, I saw that this morning. I also have a bonus for 100 yards, but I didn't need the points.

My league is ridiculous with vetoes. There's been 3 trades completed, all vetoed. That one, Julius Thomas for Doug Martin, and 3 bench players for 3 bench players. I think the top just wants to keep the status quo. So lame. It's a 10 team league, so 4 of the rest of the 8 have to veto.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
My league is ridiculous with vetoes. There's been 3 trades completed, all vetoed. That one, Julius Thomas for Doug Martin, and 3 bench players for 3 bench players. I think the top just wants to keep the status quo. So lame. It's a 10 team league, so 4 of the rest of the 8 have to veto.

That's why league votes for trade veto is completely stupid. Ruins leagues. I'll never play in a league like that.

Seriously, why are you even in that league? Garbage.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
What? How in the world is that vetoed?

Because some people veto because they don't want to see other teams in the league get better so they use the veto as a weapon. The response given to me last year when I asked why a trade I made was vetoed in a league I was in was along the lines of "because I want to win so I don't want any other teams to get better". It's beyond frustrating

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 08:11 AM)
Because some people veto because they don't want to see other teams in the league get better so they use the veto as a weapon. The response given to me last year when I asked why a trade I made was vetoed in a league I was in was along the lines of "because I want to win so I don't want any other teams to get better". It's beyond frustrating

Shame on you if you played in that league again this year

There was one trade we vetoed last year because it was clearly collusion. The guy getting burned tried to justify it, but it was like Stevie Johnson and LaGarrette Blount for Calvin Johnson and Alfred Morris, and our commissioner was an inactive douche who allowed random nobodies into a pretty tight knit group (fraternity alumni league). The commish forgot to change it this year, but next year all trades will be reviewed by a 2 man committee.