Fantasy football advice thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 05:23 PM)
I just used my number 1 waiver priority to pick up Julio Jones. Hooray keeper leagues.

Why would anyone drop him in a keeper league?

Edited by chw42

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 05:24 PM)
Why would anyone drop him in a keeper league?

We have interesting keeper rules so it made sense from his point of view. Julio will be a 2nd rounder in our keeper format next year and he's got Gio Bernard who would also be a 2nd rounder so if he wanted to keep both he'd have to make Julio or Gio a 1st rounder.

Now from my point of view, I already have 2 rb's for next year(Marshawn as a 4th rounder and Le'Veon Bell as a 7th rounder) so I most likely would be taking a WR in the 2nd round anyways. If I don't make the playoffs, it's a no brainer to keep Julio as a back end 2nd round pick. If I'm in playoff contention(which I should be) towards the end of the season here, I package Julio to one of the teams out of it for something that I need.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 05:30 PM)
We have interesting keeper rules so it made sense from his point of view. Julio will be a 2nd rounder in our keeper format next year and he's got Gio Bernard who would also be a 2nd rounder so if he wanted to keep both he'd have to make Julio or Gio a 1st rounder.

Now from my point of view, I already have 2 rb's for next year(Marshawn as a 4th rounder and Le'Veon Bell as a 7th rounder) so I most likely would be taking a WR in the 2nd round anyways. If I don't make the playoffs, it's a no brainer to keep Julio as a back end 2nd round pick. If I'm in playoff contention(which I should be) towards the end of the season here, I package Julio to one of the teams out of it for something that I need.

He's still an idiot, as he could have traded him. Too quick of a trigger finger there on the drop.

I also just got offered Ridley for MJD. I do have Vereen sitting around. My starting rbs are Moreno and Bush, so he'd be a backup, but I think it's probably worth the gamble. Both are s***, but I feel Ridley's s*** lottery ticket has a better chance of doing something if I have to use him.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 06:03 PM)
He's still an idiot, as he could have traded him. Too quick of a trigger finger there on the drop.

Ya he was definitely quick on the trigger, he's one of the smarter guys in the league too. He didn't think it fully through.

fff.jpg

My team is Victorious Secret, highest point total and a 2-3 record.

This is the team that has brought this thread such hits as:

Needing 100 yards out of Julio last week for the bonus and him getting exactly 99 and having a 6 point lead in week 2 with AJ Green and Antonio Brown on MNF going only against the Bengals defense and still losing.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 06:23 PM)
fff.jpg

My team is Victorious Secret, highest point total and a 2-3 record.

This is the team that has brought this thread such hits as:

Needing 100 yards out of Julio last week for the bonus and him getting exactly 99 and having a 6 point lead in week 2 with AJ Green and Antonio Brown on MNF going only against the Bengals defense and still losing.

Yeah, you've taken it on the chin twice.

BTW, your league has no idea how to use FAAB apparently. No way such little should be spent going into week 6. Who does everyone think will become available later?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 06:10 PM)
Let's poll the room:

I mentioned earlier I was considering trying to trade Vick for Brady. Talked to the other guy and he just proposed it. Do I pull the trigger?

Again, I get Brady, he gets Vick, I have no backup QB.

Yes. Vick can't stay healthy and Gronk and Amendola are back. No brainer, imo.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 06:15 PM)
I also just got offered Ridley for MJD. I do have Vereen sitting around. My starting rbs are Moreno and Bush, so he'd be a backup, but I think it's probably worth the gamble. Both are s***, but I feel Ridley's s*** lottery ticket has a better chance of doing something if I have to use him.

MJD at least will get the carries; I don't trust BB to go back to Ridley as a full-timer.

I say it's a break-even deal. If you're tired of MJD (which I understand) then do it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 06:28 PM)
Yes. Vick can't stay healthy and Gronk and Amendola are back. No brainer, imo.

MJD at least will get the carries; I don't trust BB to go back to Ridley as a full-timer.

I say it's a break-even deal. If you're tired of MJD (which I understand) then do it.

2nd one's probably a very even deal, s*** for s***. MJD will get carries but then they are down 21 and can't run anymore.

I don't trust NE and BB either, but since I don't need him to start, I can hope Ridley either takes over, or Vereen takes over when he comes back, and maybe I have something. I guess I think Ridley's ceiling is higher, even if his floor is lower.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 06:25 PM)
Yeah, you've taken it on the chin twice.

BTW, your league has no idea how to use FAAB apparently. No way such little should be spent going into week 6. Who does everyone think will become available later?

Ya I agree, we do have open FA after the the FAAB and thats where a lot of people do their shopping. For whatever reason this league has 18 roster spots for each team and its 12 teams so there is essentially nothing in FA every week except for guys people dont want to pay for. Most people save as much as possible for situations like Knowshon towards the end of last season.

So going into week 6 I sit at 3-2 in my main league. I have the third most points scored, and the most points scored against. Here is what my roster currently looks like with one trade and waiver pick ups.

QB 1 - Peyton Manning

QB 2 - Andrew Luck

Bench - Terrelle Pryor

RB 1 - Matt Forte

RB 2 - Steven Jackson

Bench - LeVeon Bell

Bench - Giovanni Bernard

WR 1 - Eric Decker

WR 2 - Antonio Brown

Flex 1 - Josh Gordon

Bench - Dwayne Bowe

Bench - TY Hilton

TE 1 - Rob Gronkowski

Kicker 1 - Streaming

Defense 1 - Streaming

I traded Reggie Bush and Hakeem Nicks for Steven Jackson and Antonio Brown. I am trying to trade Terrelle Pryor and Dwayne Bowe in a 2 for 1 kind of deal to get another WR 1 type. Do you think it would be wise to offer up Pryor and Josh Gordon? I like Gordon, but I would play Decker, Brown, and the WR I acquire over Gordon every week so I may not even need him. Opinions?

I have offered Dwayne Bowe and Terrelle Pryor for Victor Cruz, and then the same offer for Roddy White to another team. They either didnt like the offer or never looked at it because its been a few days and no one has said anything. This is a 6 point per TD pass league too so a good QB is very valuable.

Edited by TRU

QUOTE (TRU @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 09:32 PM)
So going into week 6 I sit at 3-2 in my main league. I have the third most points scored, and the most points scored against. Here is what my roster currently looks like with one trade and waiver pick ups.

QB 1 - Peyton Manning

QB 2 - Andrew Luck

Bench - Terrelle Pryor

RB 1 - Matt Forte

RB 2 - Steven Jackson

Bench - LeVeon Bell

Bench - Giovanni Bernard

WR 1 - Eric Decker

WR 2 - Antonio Brown

Flex 1 - Josh Gordon

Bench - Dwayne Bowe

Bench - TY Hilton

TE 1 - Rob Gronkowski

Kicker 1 - Streaming

Defense 1 - Streaming

I traded Reggie Bush and Hakeem Nicks for Steven Jackson and Antonio Brown. I am trying to trade Terrelle Pryor and Dwayne Bowe in a 2 for 1 kind of deal to get another WR 1 type. Do you think it would be wise to offer up Pryor and Josh Gordon? I like Gordon, but I would play Decker, Brown, and the WR I acquire over Gordon every week so I may not even need him. Opinions?

I have offered Dwayne Bowe and Terrelle Pryor for Victor Cruz, and then the same offer for Roddy White to another team. They either didnt like the offer or never looked at it because its been a few days and no one has said anything. This is a 6 point per TD pass league too so a good QB is very valuable.

Assuming this is a 2 qb league but I dont see why anyone would trade a premiere receiver for Bowe and Pryor.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 03:59 AM)
Who to start, Danny Woodhead or Justin Blackmon.

I am leaning towards Blackmon, but I think Woodhead may be the safer choice.

Woodhead is safer, especially in PPR. I'm finally starting him as my RB2 this week over Richardson. He won't be scoring TDs as frequently as he has so far, but a 6-8 reception 60-80 total yard line is quite realistic, especially with Mathews most likely out.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 02:59 AM)
Who to start, Danny Woodhead or Justin Blackmon.

I am leaning towards Blackmon, but I think Woodhead may be the safer choice.

I feel like Blackmon's got a chance to score some points this week. They're playing Denver and will be down 50 at the break and random luck says he should find his way into the endzone once?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 07:44 AM)
I feel like Blackmon's got a chance to score some points this week. They're playing Denver and will be down 50 at the break and random luck says he should find his way into the endzone once?

And Chad Henne is playing QB, so he actually has a somewhat competent player throwing him the ball.

Here's one for Soxtalkers. The wife is struggling with this choice so I thought I'd pose it to you here.

Brandon Jacobs (Wilson is toast) vs Bears tonight or Ridley/Blount whomever starts on Sunday for the Pats vs the Saints on Sunday.

Unfortunately, this call needs to be made today.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
Here's one for Soxtalkers. The wife is struggling with this choice so I thought I'd pose it to you here.

Brandon Jacobs (Wilson is toast) vs Bears tonight or Ridley/Blount whomever starts on Sunday for the Pats vs the Saints on Sunday.

Is grab someone off the waiver wire an option? If Donald Brown or Ronnie Hillman were available, I'd almost rather play one of them to be honest.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 10:11 AM)

Ugh, I'd hate to start Jacobs. He's done nothing...Scott will still get work. You're basically banking on trying to get a TD or 2 or it could be a very small output. I'd probably lean NE guys.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)
I have a really solid starting lineup, so I have been bench stashing, but soon will need to drop one. Help me decide:

Vereen

Andre Brown

Harvin.

GO

Andre Brown, easy.