Fantasy football advice thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 13, 2013 -> 10:15 PM)
Brees didn't do much for me, but luckily Peyton wasn't his usual 25+ point self either. I got Trent Richardson tomorrow and he's got Reggie Wayne. Depending on what my kicker Bailey does tonight, I'm probably up by 8-10 points heading to tomorrow. Should be a fun one to watch.

What time do you think they play? :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 07:25 AM)
Gotta love playing two guys who throw up a goose egg in one league (Shorts, Graham) and two guys who get hurt and have to leave the game early in the other (Cobb, Schaub).

This was probably the worst luck I've ever had in any one week of fantasy football in a long, long time.

Man, I thought starting Tom Brady sucked.

Two weeks ago I was up 40 going into the Monday night game. He had Sproles and Colston. I lost.

Last week, I went up against Tony Romo, who threw for 500 yards and 5 TDs. I lost.

This week, I went up against Jamaal Charles, Brandon Marshall, and Vernon Davis. I lost.

This season blows

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 08:17 AM)
Two weeks ago I was up 40 going into the Monday night game. He had Sproles and Colston. I lost.

Last week, I went up against Tony Romo, who threw for 500 yards and 5 TDs. I lost.

This week, I went up against Jamaal Charles, Brandon Marshall, and Vernon Davis. I lost.

This season blows

Did you go up against me? I have all those players...but it says my opponent is knightni

Rowand, remember how we were talking about how you picked up Julio Jones since a guy dropped him without thinking it through? 2 days later that happened in my league, and I was able to pick him up. I don't think anyone else went for him either. He was a 2nd round pick, so the guy doesn't want to keep him for a 1st...but as a FA, he's now using a spot 3 rounds below next year's ADP. So likely a 5th or 6th rounder. No idea why he wouldn't just throw him on IR, but hey, thanks.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 12:48 PM)
Rowand, remember how we were talking about how you picked up Julio Jones since a guy dropped him without keeping it through? 2 days later that happened in my league, and I was able to pick him up. I don't think anyone else went for him either. He was a 2nd round pick, so the guy doesn't want to keep him for a 1st...but as a FA, he's now using a spot 3 rounds below next year's ADP. So likely a 5th or 6th rounder. No idea why he wouldn't just throw him on IR, but hey, thanks.

I'm glad I created an IR spot this year in my league. I just threw him on IR. Not sure if this league will be a keeper league, but it doesn't hurt.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 12:48 PM)
Rowand, remember how we were talking about how you picked up Julio Jones since a guy dropped him without keeping it through? 2 days later that happened in my league, and I was able to pick him up. I don't think anyone else went for him either. He was a 2nd round pick, so the guy doesn't want to keep him for a 1st...but as a FA, he's now using a spot 3 rounds below next year's ADP. So likely a 5th or 6th rounder. No idea why he wouldn't just throw him on IR, but hey, thanks.

Ha, very nice.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 03:24 PM)
The death of the RB is really killing fantasy for me this year. I said the same thing last year, but this year is worse.

Yeah, I have MJD in one of my leagues and Chris Johnson in another (both are RB2). The commentary on these two players is that they suck, are hardly playable anymore. They are a f***-ton better than any of the FA options out there as well as some of the guys I had picked up as potential backups throughout the season (Michael Bush, Shonn Greene, Ben Tate, Shane Vereen). Trading for Giovani Bernard has given me some depth in one league, but he has hardly outproduced them.

I think it is just a shallow position. Might have to re-evaluate what a RB2 looks like.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)
Yeah, I have MJD in one of my leagues and Chris Johnson in another (both are RB2). The commentary on these two players is that they suck, are hardly playable anymore. They are a f***-ton better than any of the FA options out there as well as some of the guys I had picked up as potential backups throughout the season (Michael Bush, Shonn Greene, Ben Tate, Shane Vereen). Trading for Giovani Bernard has given me some depth in one league, but he has hardly outproduced them.

I think it is just a shallow position. Might have to re-evaluate what a RB2 looks like.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are leagues with QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/TE next season.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 09:32 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if there are leagues with QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/TE next season.

I'm starting to think this should be the new standard.

In one league I had drafted AP, Frank Gore, and Ryan mathews. 3 starting RBs, in a 12 team league that should be a luxury. This came at the cost of real WRs. 5 years ago this would have been a huge advantage. But frankly the norm now is 15 carries for 44 yards with TDs for RBs being way more luck than ever before. Even the Goalline back doesn't exist, it just seems completely random.

Obviously I didn't think Ryan Mathews would light the world on fire. But the adage that players with more touches should have more chances to do something isn't really true for RBs anymore. Getting 10 points from them is a luxury. Getting 30 yards from Ray Rice is far too normal now. I basically plan to get 3 points from him. But what else can I do? There's nothing else.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 10:23 PM)
RB is obviously insanely thin this year but I highly doubt it ever becomes standard to go to 1 rb only spot.

You are right but I'm just annoyed that I have to start these crap players.