Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
Yeah, I have MJD in one of my leagues and Chris Johnson in another (both are RB2). The commentary on these two players is that they suck, are hardly playable anymore. They are a f***-ton better than any of the FA options out there as well as some of the guys I had picked up as potential backups throughout the season (Michael Bush, Shonn Greene, Ben Tate, Shane Vereen). Trading for Giovani Bernard has given me some depth in one league, but he has hardly outproduced them.

I think it is just a shallow position. Might have to re-evaluate what a RB2 looks like.

Sigh, I remember when I was so adamant in saying Chris Johnson would return to his former self with the upgrades they made on the line. Got him in my money league and one other...At least the main guy I was arguing with was the same guy who was talking up Ryan Mathews

pick one trade PPR:

alfred morris, TY hilton and jared cook for maurice jones-drew, jermichael finley, danny amendola

or

alfred morris and TY hilton for danny woodhead and Gronk

my team:

russell wilson, matt ryan

marshawn lynch, doug martin, alfred morris, jonathan stewart, david wilson

calvin johnson, justin blackmon, TY hilton, harry douglas, tavon austin

jared cook

QUOTE (staxx @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
pick one trade PPR:

alfred morris, TY hilton and jared cook for maurice jones-drew, jermichael finley, danny amendola

or

my team:

jared cook

The second one.

Keeper league I take it? Not sure how it'd be possible to get Marshawn, Martin, Morris and Calvin otherwise.

QUOTE (staxx @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 09:37 PM)
pick one trade PPR:

or

my team:

jared cook

Why would you even consider making that first trade? And you may as well drop Jonathan Stewart while you're at it unless you're in some crazy deep 16 or 18 team league

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 07:14 AM)
Why would you even consider making that first trade? And you may as well drop Jonathan Stewart while you're at it unless you're in some crazy deep 16 or 18 team league

we have no RBs available in our league, so i picked him up hoping he'd come back this week but now that i saw he's gonna be out for at least a few more weeks i'm gonna drop him

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 14, 2013 -> 05:15 PM)
Sigh, I remember when I was so adamant in saying Chris Johnson would return to his former self with the upgrades they made on the line. Got him in my money league and one other...At least the main guy I was arguing with was the same guy who was talking up Ryan Mathews

Isnt it pretty much a guarantee that once a RB has a 2000 yard year, that the fall off is steep and dramatic? I could have sworn i read something that showed that once a RB crosses that line, chances are they will not be the same again.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 09:36 AM)
Ridley would have worked just fine, turd :)

I was waiting for this. I wound up subbing out Stevie Johnson for her, moving Terrance Williams to WR, and throwing Ridley in at FLEX. Needless to say, she won.

Moral of the story is I > You.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 10:05 AM)
Isnt it pretty much a guarantee that once a RB has a 2000 yard year, that the fall off is steep and dramatic? I could have sworn i read something that showed that once a RB crosses that line, chances are they will not be the same again.

So you're down on Adrian Peterson this year?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 10:05 AM)

It has only happened like half a dozen times, right? It is hard to repeat that sort of performance for sure.

I'm now 3-3 in the heroes league. Second in points, trailing by just 8. My points against would be good for third most points scored in the league, most points against.

In my other league, I'm now 5-1 with those most points. 3rd most points against, though. I need to quit drawing these tough matchups

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 04:31 PM)
AP is a freak for sure. CJ hasnt come close to the same production. Jamal Lewis and Terrell Davis fell off the table as well

AP won't come close to yardage, but fantasy wise he's still so valuable cause he is like the only RB that they leave in during goal line situations and they almost always run b/c their QBs are puke. Nothing like that in the NFL right now.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)
I'm now 3-3 in the heroes league. Second in points, trailing by just 8. My points against would be good for third most points scored in the league, most points against.

In my other league, I'm now 5-1 with those most points. 3rd most points against, though. I need to quit drawing these tough matchups

It may be time to fire your defensive coordinator. Not caring their weight on that side of the ball.

In my dub flex league I need some opinions on picking 2....

Zac Stacey vs Carolina

Le'veon Bell vs Baltimore

Chris Johnson vs San Fran

Joesph Randle vs Eagles

Leaning towards Stacey and Randle here.

also

With Julio Jones out, and Roddy White getting a week off to "heal up" is it finally time to expect something good out of him? Would you start him over Steve Smith or one of my new favs Keenan Allen?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 06:51 PM)
In my dub flex league I need some opinions on picking 2....

Zac Stacey vs Carolina

Le'veon Bell vs Baltimore

Chris Johnson vs San Fran

Joesph Randle vs Eagles

Leaning towards Stacey and Randle here.

also

With Julio Jones out, and Roddy White getting a week off to "heal up" is it finally time to expect something good out of him? Would you start him over Steve Smith or one of my new favs Keenan Allen?

re: White, apparentl;y he injured quad last game and that would take more than offweek to heal. Sigh.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 03:48 PM)
re: White, apparentl;y he injured quad last game and that would take more than offweek to heal. Sigh.

Well s***, should I even be starting Matt Ryan? Just picked up Foles, he's probably a better play vs Dallas than Ryan with out his 2 big guns against Tampa Bay, correct?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 09:55 PM)
Well s***, should I even be starting Matt Ryan? Just picked up Foles, he's probably a better play vs Dallas than Ryan with out his 2 big guns against Tampa Bay, correct?

Yeah, I think I'd play Foles there. Especially if it's an away game for Ryan. But I wouldn't listen to me on fantasy, i'm 5-7 b/w two leagues.

Good god.. debating if I should start the two underachievers (Andre Johnson vs KC defense and Trent Richardson vs Denver defense) or start the two with better matchups.. (Terrance Williams vs Philly defense and Eddie Lacy vs Cleveland defense) I got L. Bell on the bench too. (Shady, Cruz and my flex Decker are automatic starters)

Could use some advice.