Fantasy football advice thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 09:04 AM)
Good god.. debating if I should start the two underachievers (Andre Johnson vs KC defense and Trent Richardson vs Denver defense) or start the two with better matchups.. (Terrance Williams vs Philly defense and Eddie Lacy vs Cleveland defense) I got L. Bell on the bench too. (Shady, Cruz and my flex Decker are automatic starters)

Could use some advice.

Lacy and AJ

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got my first win last week. I wish Gronk would play. Honestly, there's no reason this team can't rip off 4 more in a row (and no reason it should have been 0-5). Still in last place, though.

QB Matt Stafford

WR Brandon Marshall

WR Pierre Garcon

WR Reggie Wayne

RB LeSean McCoy

RB Maurice Jones-Drew

TE Rob Gronkowski (this has been a turnstile since I dealt Antonio Gates prior to week 4 when Gronk was "returning". This week I'm rolling with Jordan Reed when they announce that Gronk won't play

WE DON'T DO KICKERS

FLEX Justin Blackmon (or Marques Colston, what say ye Soxtalk?)

DEF - whatever, going with San Diego vs Jax

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
I need help in my FLEX in one league and WR2 in another.

Joe Randle

Brandon Jacobs

Chris Johnson

and in the other league...

Larry Fitz

or

Harry Douglas

1. Jacobs is out, Randle is unlikely to get big numbers. Johnson will get those most PT of the three.

2. Even injured, I'd prefer Fitz over Douglas.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 12:15 PM)
Keenan Allen against Jacksonville, Greg Jennings against the Giants, or Terrance Williams against the Eagles?

That's a crapshoot. Any of those three can get you points. I'd pick Allen since Rivers focuses on hot receivers.

Jennings may not get as many looks with Freeman starting his first game, and Williams may get chances, but he's not the primary guy in Dallas.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
That's a crapshoot. Any of those three can get you points. I'd pick Allen since Rivers focuses on hot receivers.

Jennings may not get as many looks with Freeman starting his first game, and Williams may get chances, but he's not the primary guy in Dallas.

I'm also leaning towards Allen. Just wanted to see if anybody had a differing opinion.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
1. Jacobs is out, Randle is unlikely to get big numbers. Johnson will get those most PT of the three.

2. Even injured, I'd prefer Fitz over Douglas.

Jacobs is playing and Randle has a juicy matchup. I'd still probably go CJ but blah.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 09:04 AM)
Good god.. debating if I should start the two underachievers (Andre Johnson vs KC defense and Trent Richardson vs Denver defense) or start the two with better matchups.. (Terrance Williams vs Philly defense and Eddie Lacy vs Cleveland defense) I got L. Bell on the bench too. (Shady, Cruz and my flex Decker are automatic starters)

Could use some advice.

Are you in a ppr or standard league? Cause outside one game Andre has been very solid in ppr formats. To answer your question, definitely Andre and Lacy.

Damn Thursday games.

Need 2 of

Larry Fitzgerald (2 bad hamstrings vs Sea)

James Jones (no idea if he's going to play)

TY Hilton (healthy)

Reuben Randle (healthy)

If I knew Jones wasn't going to play, I'd probably roll Hilton and Fitzgerald. If I don't play Fitzgerald tonight and Jones is out, only option is Randle.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
Damn Thursday games.

Need 2 of

Larry Fitzgerald (2 bad hamstrings vs Sea)

James Jones (no idea if he's going to play)

TY Hilton (healthy)

Reuben Randle (healthy)

If I knew Jones wasn't going to play, I'd probably roll Hilton and Fitzgerald. If I don't play Fitzgerald tonight and Jones is out, only option is Randle.

I have no idea what to do with Fitz this week. I own him and played him last week and it obviously worked out, but this week he's still not 100%, he plays Thursday night and probably has to deal with Richard Sherman. I'm leaning towards sitting him at the moment. Hilton should be one of your two starters though.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 01:21 PM)
I have no idea what to do with Fitz this week. I own him and played him last week and it obviously worked out, but this week he's still not 100%, he plays Thursday night and probably has to deal with Richard Sherman. I'm leaning towards sitting him at the moment. Hilton should be one of your two starters though.

Jones is now doubtful so seems it's Fitz or randle. I guess I roll Fitz. I sat him last week as morning reports were hinting towards him not playing at all and it was a 3pm game.