Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 01:41 AM)
Good thing I didn't listen to you. :P Bell and Lacy (especially) were great. McCoy was surprisingly my only weak link. He has AP going tomorrow and I have Victor Cruz leading by 42 points. I think it's safe to say barring a Doug Martin against Oakland-like game, I should be 5-2. (as well as beating two guys who were unbeaten in back to back weeks :))

You must be in a non ppr league. Andre out scored Bell in my .5 ppr.

So I made a post in one of my leagues saying I had QBs to trade for a RB or WR (it's a 2-QB PPR league) and an hour later I have the following trade offer:

Carson Palmer

Larry Fitzgerald

DeAngelo Williams

for

Andrew Luck

Cecil Shorts

Darren Sproles

:lol: no thank you

I love people who make ridiculously idiotic trade proposals. I wonder how serious they even take it themselves.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
Lost Cobb last week, lost Martin this week. Not my year.

The Bucs are saying Martin will be back, perhaps as early as two weeks. They wouldn't even rule him out for Thursday though.

Not that he has been very good this year.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)
Love that trade if you're in a ppr league. And that's really lame that it won't be finalized until Monday, your commissioner can't just put it through?

For some reason the trades after weds go through after the games for the week are done. So it's actually finalized tomorrow.

The starting moreno instead of gore didn't go so well however I still won so it didn't matter.

I think the brown for gore trade will help in the long run.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 08:22 AM)
I lost by 2 points. Again.

I lost by 1 because Arian Foster got hurt. >.

It's by third 1-2 point loss of the season (I'm 2-5 in this particular league).

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 09:22 PM)
I feel like Kenny Williams, I'm 2 and 5 so I should probably sell and load up on keepers but since I have the most points in the league I refuse to. I feel I have the best team in the league but I'm just not winning, I am Kenny Williams aren't I?

I don't know, are you about to go acquire Roberto Alomar for your flex?

2 and 5 isn't done, 2 and 6 depending on your playoff set up and where teams are, likely is.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)

2 and 5 isn't done, 2 and 6 depending on your playoff set up and where teams are, likely is.

8 and 6 if you have high points usually gets the 4th and final playoff spot in my league so I'm basically banking on going 6 and 1 the rest of the way. Not impossible but extremely difficult. I just really don't want to give up on my team, it's too good of a roster.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)

Stafford

Marshall

Wayne (now Blackmon)

Garcon

McCoy

MJD

Gronkowski

Colston or Reed

1-6

Sigh.

Sigh, so most of you remember the "awful" Cutler/Dalton combo I was rocking...Welll last week I dumped Dalton for Foles and of course we know that BOTH are now hurt so I put a waiver claim out on Dalton andddd I didn't get him. So now I gotta roll with Eli Manning :o

In another league I've got 2 WRs on a bye week, so who ya got...Jeremy Kerley, Riley Cooper, Kris Durham, Marvin Jones, or Jerome Simpson.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 01:22 PM)
Sigh, so most of you remember the "awful" Cutler/Dalton combo I was rocking...Welll last week I dumped Dalton for Foles and of course we know that BOTH are now hurt so I put a waiver claim out on Dalton andddd I didn't get him. So now I gotta roll with Eli Manning :o

In another league I've got 2 WRs on a bye week, so who ya got...Jeremy Kerley, Riley Cooper, Kris Durham, Marvin Jones, or Jerome Simpson.

Kerley is safest, but the Detroit-Dallas game could be a shootout so Durham has big game potential in this one.

Weird season for me for FF, some teams I had that I thought would be bad have surprisingly been ok and some that I thought would be meh have been really good.

In the 10 team TalkBears keeper league Ive won my last 5 after starting off 0-2 and I have the most points with a roster of

P. Manning

Charles, Wilson, Snelling, J. Bell, Hillis (had Ivory and Bradshaw to start the season also)

D. Thomas, T. Smith, Stevie Johnson, Josh Gordon, Simpson, Harvin (for keeper purposes) and Jarrett Boykin

V. Davis, Fleener

Then in the league that Ive posted about 2 brutal losses Ive had and I have the most points and Im in 2nd place of 12 teams

P. Manning

Doug Martin :angry: , Lacy, L. Bell, Hillis, McGahee

Julio :angry: , AJ Green, Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown, Shorts, Hopkins, Simpson

Cook (Need to replace him asap)

Then in a league that has been the biggest surprise to me by far I am 6-1 and in first place of 12 teams

Cam

Forte, Spiller, Sproles, Woodhead (Yes this is a ppr) Jacobs

Shorts, Antonio Brown, Michael Floyd, Jeffrey

Had Daniels, now have Gronk.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
Weird season for me for FF, some teams I had that I thought would be bad have surprisingly been ok and some that I thought would be meh have been really good.

In the 10 team TalkBears keeper league Ive won my last 5 after starting off 0-2 and I have the most points with a roster of

P. Manning

Charles, Wilson, Snelling, J. Bell, Hillis (had Ivory and Bradshaw to start the season also)

D. Thomas, T. Smith, Stevie Johnson, Josh Gordon, Simpson, Harvin (for keeper purposes) and Jarrett Boykin

V. Davis, Fleener

That's by no means a bad team, but I can't believe that team has the most points in a 10 team league.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
That's by no means a bad team, but I can't believe that team has the most points in a 10 team league.

Neither can I. Obviously having Peyton in a league where passing TDs are worth 6 pts helps. Here are the current standings

ss%20(2013-10-23%20at%2004.20.47).jpg

and here is the current roster

ss%20(2013-10-23%20at%2004.19.12).jpg

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 10:16 PM)
Well Peyton and Charles have been the 2 best players in fantasy, it shouldn't be that surprising that team has the most points.

He has no RB2, his WR2 has a single TD catch and of his flex players, one is meh and the other missed the first two weeks. So to me, it's a little surprising that in just a 10 team league not one or more teams had more points.