Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 12:45 PM)
I need a roster spot this week with Jordan Cameron on bye. What is going on with Doug Martin? Do I have to worry about dropping him? My other RBs are Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, Andre Ellington and Ben Tate so I can't drop any of them.

If it's not a PPR, you could easily make an argument to drop Sproles.

Not sure on Martin, he hasn't been ruled out for the year but I don't know if there's a lot of info on when/if he'll play.

I picked up Doug Martin, hearing he may play next week. I may have an HOF collection of disappointing RBs:

Ray Rice

MJD

DMcFadden

DA Williams

Doug Martin

There has been 4 weeks where my 3 rbs starting combined for a total less than 8 pts.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 11:41 AM)
That's kind of what I was thinking. Foles was brutal against the Cowboys in his previous game too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Foles got concussed early on in that Cowboys game and it wasn't recognized until later. His performance in that game was inexplicable.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 03:31 PM)
Read your recap from this week, what would your record be if you played every team every week? That'll really tell you how much you've been screwed.

I go from 4-5 to 8-2 (which would be good for 1st place, if I played my opponents schedule, I'd be 51-30). But i'm not surprised since I am #1 in the league in points (despite being 6th).

Guess we're the tough luck message board this year, everyone seems real high in points and low in the standings.

On a side note, I have to bench Jordy this week, right? I saw nothing to make me think Seneca can get him the ball and I can play Chris Johnson against the Jags. I HATE to bench Jordy but this seems like a fairly simple decision.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
Guess we're the tough luck message board this year, everyone seems real high in points and low in the standings.

On a side note, I have to bench Jordy this week, right? I saw nothing to make me think Seneca can get him the ball and I can play Chris Johnson against the Jags. I HATE to bench Jordy but this seems like a fairly simple decision.

I can't believe Jordy would be so bad as to be the 5th best option for you

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 10:22 PM)
Thinking about a Cam Newton for Rodgers trade..............I am a playoff lock and this trade is all about the playoffs. Thoughts?

It's not a bad thought process. It's just dicey, as there's no set timeline here. For all we know he could be out the rest of the year. They are saying "maybe" the Thanksgiving game.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 10:22 PM)
Thinking about a Cam Newton for Rodgers trade..............I am a playoff lock and this trade is all about the playoffs. Thoughts?

Like Krush said, it's very risky. There's no guarantee he is back by week 14 or 15. It could be 3 weeks, it could be a 6-8 week injury.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 08:00 AM)
Either I am the only honest guy here or I am the only one who sucks at fantasy football. I sure as hell aren't leading either of my leagues in scoring.

4-5 9th of 12 - 6th in points

4-5 8th of 10 - LAST in points

My team sucks. I'm getting beat by 12 year olds. Of course a lot of my problems are injury related. I lost by 7 this week with Arian Foster and Aaron Rodgers in my line up. Jimmy Graham got me a goose egg a few weeks ago, so I lost, then he was a game time decision last week and they said he would be limited, so I went with Reggie Wayne. He gets hurt, Graham scores a TD or 2, I lose by 5. I am 3-6. I also have about a 80 point lead in points scored against me.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)

Yep, I am 4th in pts, but in 10th place and eliminated from the playoffs. My team has allowed the most points against. Everyone has a god damn career day whe they play me.