Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an easy win. Brees, Shady, Bell, Reed, Zona defense (who I picked up cause NE D is on a bye week) did their thing. 8-2 on the year now (I'm sure I'm one of the rare ones in this thread whose team is doing well.. :lol:), and pretty much have a playoff spot locked up.

Not even Christmas yet and I'm giving you people presents already. Not only did I forget to play my defense in 1 soxtalk league but I didn't realize my kicker had a bye in the other. I'm up 5 with "the romosexuals" having the Tampa D, had I not been an idiot and picked up a kicker I'd be up 16(probably would have went with Suisham who scored 11).

I guess that's what I get for bragging about my 6 game win streak.

getting so annoyed with fantasy. When my marginal players show up, my consistent players will give me their worst outing. Yeah, totally, of course if the saints score 45 points jimmy graham will have had his second worst game of season, obviously. Sure, yeah wes welker will have only a handful of catches. Yay.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
getting so annoyed with fantasy. When my marginal players show up, my consistent players will give me their worst outing. Yeah, totally, of course if the saints score 45 points jimmy graham will have had his second worst game of season, obviously. Sure, yeah wes welker will have only a handful of catches. Yay.

It's just one of those years for me in fantasy as well. Marshawn and Andre were my only players to show up yesterday.

Thankfully I go into next year with Marshawn as a 4th rounder and Jordy Nelson as a 5th so hopefully I'll be back in contention next season.

Edited by Rowand44

I had a brutal last two weeks due to injuries and bye weeks. All of my Broncos players and Vernon Davis two weeks ago (Davis this week too more or less) and Charles and Gordon this week. So it will be nice to pretty much be at full strength, not to mention it appears likely to get Vereen and Harvin back very soon for the playoff push.

I'm in 3 leagues, one of them looks to have just been a mediocre draft for me, but the other two have been flat out s***ty luck. In the league I'm in with friends from college, I have scored 2nd most, 4th most, 3rd most and 2nd most points the past 4 weeks and have gone 0-4 to fall two games back of the playoffs despite having the 3rd most points scored.

And in my other league, which is a PPR and allows a QB in the FLEX, I have now lost Randall Cobb, Doug Martin and now my QB2, Jake Locker for the year. I also had Marques Colston and Ray Rice, so it's actually a minor miracle I'm 5-5 and in 8th place. I of course had Jake Locker in my lineup this week and he scored negative points. I needed just 5.5 points from Tim Wright (because of of couse this week Cameron was on bye) and he got my 2.9

I have never had this bad of luck in fantasy ever. It's beyond frustrating.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)
Not even Christmas yet and I'm giving you people presents already. Not only did I forget to play my defense in 1 soxtalk league but I didn't realize my kicker had a bye in the other. I'm up 5 with "the romosexuals" having the Tampa D, had I not been an idiot and picked up a kicker I'd be up 16(probably would have went with Suisham who scored 11).

I guess that's what I get for bragging about my 6 game win streak.

Sigh...Lost by 1.3 point. Looking at all the free agent kickers not one of them scored less than 3 points.

Me and Jake would have been the lone 7-3 teams with a matchup against each other this week.

I caught the same bad coaching bug Trestman had I guess.

Points for certainly helps, but it's really the consistency that matters. A better measure of a team, rather than simply using points scored, is the composite record for the year. If you click on "recap" for your latest matchup (at least in Yahoo), it'll say what your record would be if you played every team every week. Take that winning percentage and compare it to your actual winning percentage, and you'll know how much you're getting screwed. You can also then go through and find the teams that have the wins you should have.

For my bigger money league I've been extremely lucky, yet extremely unlucky. It's a 12 team league and I'm in first with an 8-2 record, but I've given up the least amount of points by over 100, and am 8th in total points scored. So schedule wise I've been super lucky.

My unlucky part is I've lost my #1 and #3 picks for the year in Arian Foster and Julio Jones, now Mike James is seemingly out for the rest of the fantasy football season so it's hard to tell what's going to happen for my team!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 08:23 AM)
Yeah that's tough, I'm facing similar scenarios in one of mine.

Side question, do all your league members know what FAAB even is? :lol:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but with 12 teams and 18 man rosters there is basically nothing in FA. Even when guys like Stacy or Marvin Jones broke out they were already rostered because of how deep the league is. The only guy I can think of who was a big catch on waivers was Julius Thomas after week 1 and I think whoever got him used well over half his budget to get him. Last season I used 99/100 on Knowshonn Moreno. This league has the strangest rules, its pretty stupid. Here are the payouts which I find laughably hilarious.

$25/High Scorer:

In each position except kicker, and also for highest team points and the blowout of the season.

Final Regular season standings(seedings) before playoffs:

1st: 50

2nd: 25

3rd: 25

Playoffs:

1st: 300

2nd: 50

3rd: 150

4th: 25

5th: 0 - but 1st pick in draft

7th: 50 - and 2nd pick in draft

9th: 0 - but 3rd pick in draft

The rest of draft picks will be in reverse order of standings after playoffs.

Next years keepers will have a draft round value of 5th, 10th, and 15th. Same rules apply, you may keep 1 player with no restrictions as your franchise player, and up to 2 players that are begining their 2nd or 3rd year in the league.

Also next year I will remove one receiver starting spot and perhaps one bench spot

to help people hit by injury bug and add more value to FAAB points in the waiver process.

The fact that 3rd place gets 3x the amount as 2nd and 7th gets the same as 2nd is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing Ive ever seen. Ive been in this league for 6 seasons, my brother was the commish up until last season and this new guy is just making new rules and stuff without asking anyone. This will definitely be the last season Im in this league.