Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
Soooo looks like I'm gonna be stat corrected for the loss because of a weird Dez Bryant play, unf***inbelievable.

So this is going to be 2 games that I lost by less than a point and 2 stat corrections this season, pretty epic stuff.

That's brutal.

That Phil Dawson FG with 6 minutes left sunk me. I lost by 1.5 despite having the 2nd highest score (we pay top score weekly too) thanks to Eric Decker's 1.5 points and Ben Tate getting benched for Dennis f***ing Johnson. Ugh.

Starting Cam over Rivers cost me a win in the league where I really needed one. Cam played well, but Rivers played great. I've been dangling Rivers on the trade market in that league and nobody is interested, which is strange to me.

I am in the 6th seed by my lonesome. I technically haven't clinched but i lead the entire league in points by a long shot so even if I lose (playing 1st place team who has 200 less ooints then me) I'll hold the tie-breaker. The big thing for me is to not have just an epicaly poor week that i lose my overall points leader status as at least then I'll break even in my league.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 11:11 PM)
Got my "f*** the soft nfl rules" post queued up if I lose by the 6 points Le'veon Bell should have got on that brutal play. Hope he's alright.

Should be alright though after getting 79 points out of my killer B's Bell, Bush, and Big Ben.

f***ing awful. I feel it too. :( Was well on his way to a bigger night than he had. I need him for the playoffs. If he's concussed long term, I have to rely on guys like Decker, Reed or Kendall Wright as my flex. :angry:

I had to play against Bush and I started Stafford. The big one who killed me is Eddie Lacy's horrible night thanks to Matt f***ing Flynn making it easy for Detroit to stack the box. (although I could care less that the Packers loss) I'm playing against another guy who is 10-2 (had Bush, Bryant and Romo playing tonight, has AP, Moreno, Garcon, etc. playing Sunday) so it's gonna be a good matchup (I have Shady, Andre, Cruz, etc. to go, but so far he has the advantage.. especially with AP going against the sorry ass Bears defense)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 01:26 AM)
f***ing awful. I feel it too. :( Was well on his way to a bigger night than he had. I need him for the playoffs. If he's concussed long term, I have to rely on guys like Decker, Reed or Kendall Wright as my flex. :angry:

I had to play against Bush and I started Stafford. The big one who killed me is Eddie Lacy's horrible night thanks to Matt f***ing Flynn making it easy for Detroit to stack the box. (although I could care less that the Packers loss) I'm playing against another guy who is 10-2 (had Bush, Bryant and Romo playing tonight, has AP, Moreno, Garcon, etc. playing Sunday) so it's gonna be a good matchup (I have Shady, Andre, Cruz, etc. to go, but so far he has the advantage.. especially with AP going against the sorry ass Bears defense)

Really hope he's alright, both for my fantasy team and just in general, but luckily I've been hoarding RBs and would still be able to ride out McCoy, Bush, Stacy(hopefully), and Johnson.

Got my "f*** the soft nfl rules" post queued up if I lose by the 6 points Le'veon Bell should have got on that brutal play. Hope he's alright.

Should be alright though after getting 79 points out of my killer B's Bell, Bush, and Big Ben.

Soft nfl for stopping a play when someone's helmet comes off so someone doesn't die on the field from a helmet to skull hit?

It's unlucky from a fantasy perspective, but to b**** about being soft due to that rule is ridiculous.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
Soft nfl for stopping a play when someone's helmet comes off so someone doesn't die on the field from a helmet to skull hit?

It's unlucky from a fantasy perspective, but to b**** about being soft due to that rule is ridiculous.

Like someone said in the NFL thread, I just think if you're already in the process of going to the ground(and only in this scenario) when it happens a player should get the benefit of the doubt of where his forward momentum pushed him. Fantasy football aside I just think it sucks that a guy gets enough for a TD, or in another circumstance, enough for an important first down gets that taken away from him over something he has no control over.

Perhaps I'm overreacting and under thinking it.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 29, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
I've been trying unsuccessfully of a way to word the rule that can allow that to be a touchdown but not encourage dangerous hits to an uncovered head

The only thing I can think is something that considers the falling to the ground with the ball "completing the action". If Bell was fighting for extra yards with his helmet off, of course the ball is dead immediately. But he was hit and falling to the ground at once, and the ball was spotted where he was mid air, which is kind of weird.

But I agree with Krush, there is a lot of gray area in it and someone could get hurt pretty bad.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 1, 2013 -> 09:10 AM)
So I have to decide on a WR2 and a QB2 this week and not sure what to do. Decker or Shorts at WR? Ryan (@ Buf), Keenum (NE) or Fitzpatrick (@ IND) for 2nd QB? It's a 6 point for TD pass and also PPR if that matters

i'd probably go shorts and keenum

ryan is gonna throw a few picks today vs that buffalo INT happy defense

lol I lost 12 points in one of my leagues because Heath Miller can't stretch out the last 12 inches to get into the end zone!