Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 11:53 AM)
I need some advice with my myriad of mediocre options to fill out my lineup.

I'm starting Antonio Brown, Eddie Lacy and Ben Tate. I need to pick 2 WR and a flex from the following...

WR

Michael Floyd vs ARI

Anquan Boldin vs SEA

Julian Edelman vs CLE

Roddy White vs GB

Dwayne Bowe vs WAS

RB

Ray Rice vs MIN

Lamar Miller vs PIT

Boldin is out unless I see a compelling reason to play him. I REALLY don't want to play either RB, but I see Ray Rice's name and still want to put him in. I'm leaning Floyd and White I think, but nothing is really set in stone.

Id go Floyd, Edelman and Bowe probably.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
I have to pick two RBs out of Jennings, Tate, Sproles, Rainey, Spiller in a PPR. And if it matters, we do get 1 point per 20 return yards. Thoughts?

Tate and either Rainey/Spiller. That is a total toss up to me, both have great matchups.

Would have been nice if Gary Kubiak didn't run 32 consecutive pass plays and bring Schaub into the game last night. Tate was doing alright, but then barely saw the field in the second half when the Texans inexplicably decided to run a spread offense with no one in the backfield. Kubiak's losing his job almost certainly

Gronk dying was my final stroke of bad luck. Also, deciding between Cam Newton and Phillip Rivers on a week-by-week basis has been a puzzle I've been unable to solve. Already lost Arian Foster and re-lost that butthole from Jacksonville in my receiving core

My other team is the 1 seed and got a bye week, though, and I don't think anyone on that team got hurt.

I won one league and am up by 12.1 points in my other going into tonight but my opponent has Jeffery (PPR) so I'm not too enthusiastic. My score this week is the 5th highest in the entire league all year but I'm probably gonna lose because he played McCoy and Vereen. Vereen wasn't doing anything until Gronk got hurt and then got 6 or 7 additional points because the Pats recovered an onsides kick. Oh well, I'll take advancing in 1 out of 2

I am up 17 heading into the Monday night game. He has Romo. I have Jeffrey, Marshall, Murray, Witten, and Bryant. I am just waiting for some insane thing to happen which allows him to win. afterall, this is the league I eventually worked into 5th place despite shredding everyone in total points (at least that got me 50 bucks).

In my first place league, somehow my weakest position has been QB.

I drafted RG3 with the general expectation that he'd be great again. I recognized that he is still a risk, so I spent a relatively high pick on Mike Vick, who ended up becoming my starter early on because he was so hot. I assumed between RG3 and Vick, I'd always have a good option.

Now I'm in first place, but it looks like my starting QB will be Andy Dalton. Not a lot of options out there. Have to think this will cost me before it is all said and done.

The rest of the team:

WR Brandon Marshall

WR Eric Decker

WR Mike Wallace

RB Chris Johnson

RB Jamaal Charles

TE Vernon Davis

W/R/T Shane Vereen

BN RG3

BN Martellus Bennett

BN Denarius Moore

BN Eddie Royal

BN Greg Jennings

BN Jonathan Stewart (hurt, so will be replacing with somebody)

Not sure if I'll have enough guns to make up for the Dalton/RG3 mixture at QB, especially with Mike Wallace as a weak link at WR. He's been all over the place. Denarius Moore was doing well for me earlier in the season, but hes been hurt and I don't know what to think he'll do when he comes back to play with Matt McGloin.

Thinking about grabbing up Cordarrelle Patterson, but it seems like I'm looking at a Wallace-esque reward with a lower floor than Wallace. Also wonder if I should pick up Ryan Tannehill instead of Dalton.

Edited by Jake