Mike Scioscia Possibly Out

Noonskadoodle

Scioscia is signed through 2018, but Jon Morosi of FOXSPORTS is reporting that either Scioscia or Dipoto & possibly even BOTH may be out after this season.

According to Morosi “philosophical differences exist between the men and it has become increasingly apparent to organization that status quo is not tenable.”

Scioscia is only 54 & we all know he is one heck of a manager.

Now whether or not we can be contenders next season all determines on how/what we spend on in this off season.

If RV doesn't want to continue should Scioscia be #1 on the Sox list or would you like to go a different route?

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 04:30 PM)
Scioscia is signed through 2018, but Jon Morosi of FOXSPORTS is reporting that either Scioscia or Dipoto & possibly even BOTH may be out after this season.

Now whether or not we can be contenders next season all determines on how/what we spend on in this off season.

If RV doesn't want to continue should Scioscia be #1 on the Sox list or would you like to go a different route?

Never gonna happen. Don't even waste the keystrokes.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
He is a good manager, but there are things about him that would drive a lot of us crazy too. Still, he is one of the few guys I'd be ok with. I don't see Ventura leaving though under any circumstance.

He sure loves good defense catchers who can't hit .200.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)

Right now, I don't know if he is that great of a mgr. I used to love him but the Angels are fundementally awful and have been the past couple of years. Now it could just be that Mike needs a change of scenery but it could also be that part of his success was a result of some of the top notch assistants he had (who have since left).

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 07:37 PM)
To be honest...I wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers dumped Mattingly and hired Scoscia. But I've been surprised his name hasn't been on the block already...

Do you really think the Dodgers would dump Mattingly after a playoff season and historic 50-game run? No way.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 04:30 PM)

2018?? Is that a typo? That's crazy to sign any manger for that long, proving once again that GM's continue redefining the word stupid.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 01:37 AM)
To be honest...I wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers dumped Mattingly and hired Scoscia. But I've been surprised his name hasn't been on the block already...

Mattingly has done a heckuva of a job and I would be shocked if the Dodgers dumped him Maybe when Robin is tired of managing or gets the boot we see LaRusaa back with the Sox.

I want LaRussa if Robin decides to retire. Can't the Sox talk LaRussa into coming back? He should be refreshed by now. Just think if he signs for five-years with the plan winning a WS in years three, four and five. He'd be an all-time Chicago icon if he can turn us into the Cardinals.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
I want LaRussa if Robin decides to retire. Can't the Sox talk LaRussa into coming back? He should be refreshed by now. Just think if he signs for five-years with the plan winning a WS in years three, four and five. He'd be an all-time Chicago icon if he can turn us into the Cardinals.

Amen.

Or even if he doesn't decide to retire.

And no Scoisia. he should take a year off and reflect, observe, work for ESPN anyway.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)

The Cardinals aren't where they are because of Tony LaRussa. They are always good because their front office finds talent out of nowhere low in the draft and develops those guys, while making smart free agent decisions. And when LaRussa was around, his pitching coach was even better than Cooper at turning garbage arms into good pitchers.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 01:05 AM)
The Cardinals aren't where they are because of Tony LaRussa. They are always good because their front office finds talent out of nowhere low in the draft and develops those guys, while making smart free agent decisions. And when LaRussa was around, his pitching coach was even better than Cooper at turning garbage arms into good pitchers.

So I take it you aren't a LaRussa fan for some reason? His resume screams "winner" to me. I say if Robin wants out, beg him to return to the South Side.

Those of you talking about LaRussa do realize that he turns 69 years old on October 4th of this year, right?

He's not going to manage a team again. I can see him joining an organization in a counseling or ambassador role, but never as a full time manager again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)

He sure didn't have tons of success here. '83 was it, and that team lost in the first round. The team in '84 that was supposed to be ever better, just cratered.