8/24 SOX vs Texas - 6:10pm CDT - MLBN, CSN

knightni

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
Fail and Fail.

Harold Reynolds is jump all over Ventura as a manager. Ranting about him not allowing Flowers to throw through on the steal on the top of the 7th. Something like 'he's got major league arms out there, at least make the runner earn the steal." Then bottom of 7th "boring, boring". First and third no outs and you don't put pressure on the pitcher and infielders by hit and run, steal,movement on the paths. Unbelievable." I personally think Ventura is in over his head.

QUOTE (mike89128 @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Harold Reynolds is jump all over Ventura as a manager. Ranting about him not allowing Flowers to throw through on the steal on the top of the 7th. Something like 'he's got major league arms out there, at least make the runner earn the steal." Then bottom of 7th "boring, boring". First and third no outs and you don't put pressure on the pitcher and infielders by hit and run, steal,movement on the paths. Unbelievable." I personally think Ventura is in over his head.

You know, even though it's Harold Reynolds, he might have a point there. Particularly if you're going to send up Keppinger, a guy who is supposed to put the ball in play somewhere, why not?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 08:56 PM)
You know, even though it's Harold Reynolds, he might have a point there. Particularly if you're going to send up Keppinger, a guy who is supposed to put the ball in play somewhere, why not?

With Garcia on third he could have tried the suicide bunt.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 09:30 PM)
Viciedo gets more hits up the middle than he does in the hole. Surprised the league still positions him the way they do.

I do see him get played that way on occasion, thought it is usually the 2B playing him up the middle -- I would play the 2B toward 1B and the SS up the middle.

With that said, I feel like Dayan's tendencies change more frequently than your average player so it may be difficult to prognosticate as to what his hot spot will be in a given month

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 03:33 AM)
If they're going to win, that's a pretty sweet way

Props this week to some of my least favorite Sox. Gillaspie hits the homer to make me happy in the 12th inning of the Royals game. I was shocked he elevated it out of there. My 3 Royals fans friends were pissed and I was elated.

Tonight, Phegs gets the crucial single on a night Rios homered. Nice job, Phegley. I'll admit I've wondered if he has being a starter in him. And Dunn hits the 2-run bomb. Also, Lindstrom did the job at KC and in this game and I've hated on him.

Sox starting pitching certainly seems better than a team 25 under .500 or 20 under. Weird season.And before I get ripped, I haven't given up on Phegley. I don't despise him or anything.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 03:46 AM)

Not to sound like a p****, but man, Sale was hitting that hard with his left hand. Maybe not so wise a move, even if you are pissed. Love his Peavy-like emotion, but that's a pretty valuable left hand he's whacking a hard object with. Oh well, got to love Sale's competitive spirit.