8/24 SOX vs Texas - 6:10pm CDT - MLBN, CSN

knightni

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 08:43 PM)
Will DV ever turn the corner.

Well he's got 12 RBIs, 2 bombs and 11 hits in his last 8 games soooo ya...He might not have turned the corner yet but it's certainly an odd time for that statement.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
Props this week to some of my least favorite Sox. Gillaspie hits the homer to make me happy in the 12th inning of the Royals game. I was shocked he elevated it out of there. My 3 Royals fans friends were pissed and I was elated.

Tonight, Phegs gets the crucial single on a night Rios homered. Nice job, Phegley. I'll admit I've wondered if he has being a starter in him. And Dunn hits the 2-run bomb.

Sox starting pitching certainly seems better than a team 25 under .500 or 20 under. Weird season.And before I get ripped, I haven't given up on Phegley. I don't despise him or anything.

Why were you shocked he went yard? He's got 2 more HRs in 30 less ABs than Paul Konerko.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)
If they're going to win, that's a pretty sweet way

You better know it. Frankly for the sake of the future I'd rather they were losing but on a game by game basis, I'm unable to root against them. I can't watch them and hope they lose, I just can't, though when they do lose, I'm fine with it. It's almost like schizophrenia or something. Anyway, this was a great game. On a night going up against Darvish, I figured this was an easy loss.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
Well he's got 12 RBIs, 2 bombs and 11 hits in his last 8 games soooo ya...He might not have turned the corner yet but it's certainly an odd time for that statement.

Why were you shocked he went yard? He's got 2 more HRs in 30 less ABs than Paul Konerko.

Gillaspie is tied for the AL rookie lead with 11 homers. Not exactly a banner year in the AL for rookie sluggers.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 02:59 AM)

The Royals fans I was with were laughing at my dismay that Konerko wasn't playing. I didn't know he felt dizzy and wasn't able to go. Dunn had a lousy game. But it would have been worse had he not barely beat the 4-6-3 with the 4 starting in right field.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2013 -> 11:40 PM)
The Royals fans I was with were laughing at my dismay that Konerko wasn't playing. I didn't know he felt dizzy and wasn't able to go. Dunn had a lousy game. But it would have been worse had he not barely beat the 4-6-3 with the 4 starting in right field.

Ah yes, excellent answer to my question...Since you randomly brought up that play, ya know who probably would have been out on that 4-6-3? PK...or AJ for that matter.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 06:05 AM)
Ah yes, excellent answer to my question...Since you randomly brought up that play, ya know who probably would have been out on that 4-6-3? PK...or AJ for that matter.

Why was I shocked Gillaspie went yard? Not a big fan as of the home run at bat. Average defender and .250ish hitter. Hope he improves. The homer was nice.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 05:42 AM)
Why was I shocked Gillaspie went yard? Not a big fan as of the home run at bat. Average defender and .250ish hitter. Hope he improves. The homer was nice.

So PK is a good defender in your book and Gillaspie is an average defender?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 06:57 AM)
So PK is a good defender in your book and Gillaspie is an average defender?

PK seems to have good hands. Gillispie bobbles alot of grounders. He reminds me of an ordinary college infielder who is not reliable. I could be mistaken. I haven't seen the lack of range everybody's talking about with Paulie. Maybe on pop ups to the outfield or in foul ground since he can't run. It seems to me Paulie gloves everything and Gillaspie does not. If I'm mistaken, fine. I haven't seen as many games this year as last.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 02:46 AM)
PK seems to have good hands. Gillispie bobbles alot of grounders. He reminds me of an ordinary college infielder who is not reliable. I could be mistaken. I haven't seen the lack of range everybody's talking about with Paulie. Maybe on pop ups to the outfield or in foul ground since he can't run. It seems to me Paulie gloves everything and Gillaspie does not. If I'm mistaken, fine. I haven't seen as many games this year as last.

I never got that impression. I wonder if there are stats to back that up. I wish I have seen more games this year. To me it seems like Gillispie is doing a mediocre job.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 08:59 AM)
I never got that impression. I wonder if there are stats to back that up. I wish I have seen more games this year. To me it seems like Gillispie is doing a mediocre job.

That's what I'm thinking, Max, mediocre. He is still young and I wouldn't be against him being on the roster next year. I'm not sure he's a big-league regular, though.