8/25 SOX vs Texas - 1:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
Let's keep Jordan around. Any reports on Garcia?

I can't tell if Jordan will put together enough consistency to be a quality backup/rotation player or not. The talent is there but the strikeouts are going to be in the way.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 08:42 PM)
I can't tell if Jordan will put together enough consistency to be a quality backup/rotation player or not. The talent is there but the strikeouts are going to be in the way.

That's the reason I think a position as a backup is his best shot. It would be nice to see him develop beyond that but I think he is going to have competition from our minor league OF'ers soon. He needs to step it up

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 08:43 PM)
Hate tpo see that. The kid does bring hustle to the ball club for sure

That sucks. No way he'll play for a full week with the new rules on concussions. Sucks.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 03:45 PM)
That's the reason I think a position as a backup is his best shot. It would be nice to see him develop beyond that but I think he is going to have competition from our minor league OF'ers soon. He needs to step it up

He's a good enough defender to be a solid backup, has power, and hits from the left hand side, so he really does fit as a backup OF on a lot of roster...but he has to hit better than .220. Get that up to .240-.250 and he's a solid backup.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)

He is serviceable but not a lock for next year. BTW anyone see that turd of a game Casper Wells put together last night?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 03:48 PM)
Danks closing in on a hundred pitches and not through 5 yet. The homer he gave up is how many for the year? Lot's if that's a number

I think they said it's 23.

And that was the narrowest HR ever.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
He's a good enough defender to be a solid backup, has power, and hits from the left hand side, so he really does fit as a backup OF on a lot of roster...but he has to hit better than .220. Get that up to .240-.250 and he's a solid backup.

Good point and don't forget his speed as a pinch runner

QUOTE (lord chas @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
He is serviceable but not a lock for next year. BTW anyone see that turd of a game Casper Wells put together last night?

That was too bad for Casper after he retired the first two.