8/25 Games

flavum

That's been Bristol's M.O. the whole season. Get off to a great start in a game, then promptly gives up the lead. Would like to see Nolan Earley go to a winning environment like Great Falls (start in LF) for their playoff run. He (and Toby Thomas) is literally their only offense in Bristol, but damn.. pretty much everyone in GF is hitting well.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 05:47 PM)
Beck with a dominant outing. The Ks are coming more frequently in AA. I'm very happy with his season when looking at the progression.

I'm actually curious if the Sox organization had Beck work on certain pitches in Winston-Salem. He's been throwing a lot less groundballs in Birmingham so far.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
I'm actually curious if the Sox organization had Beck work on certain pitches in Winston-Salem. He's been throwing a lot less groundballs in Birmingham so far.

I noticed that too. It would explain the promotion.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 01:59 PM)
I saw it once. I think it was like 1988 maybe.

It shouldn't be that rare. If you think of every game as a 50/50 favorite, the odds of an outcome of all wins is 1:64. Obviously not every team is a .500 team, but that gives you a baseline idea. Twice a year should be about the norm. Even if you change the win odds to 1 in 3 for all teams, you end up at 1:729, which is about once every 5 years.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
After a rough start, Daniel Webb is settling in nicely at Charlotte. Obviously would like to see his walks go down but his strikeout numbers are gaudy.

19 G, 24.1 IP, 36/17 K/BB, 3.33 ERA.

Looks like they removed him from closing too. Probably too much pressure right off the start wit ha promotion and all. I think he is going to be a good RP for the Sox. KW really pulled off a good deal trading Frasor back to TOR.