Ozzie

Princess Dye

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)
I know he's not still a Sox. Didn't write that correctly. He had to be the dumbest player alive thinking he was a power hitter. Also Erstad. Sox have had some really bad players.

They ought to have Viciedo just have a drill where somebody pitches to him and he has to take every single pitch to learn how to draw a walk. He has so much talent and he still has not emerged as a threat.

Yeah, maybe they could pull a page out of the Hawk Harrelson book and institute a fine for every swinging strike he takes above the letters.

Or if the Player's Association won't allow the fine, they could get Ramon Troncoso to peg him with a water balloon every time. That would be doubly effective because then Robin wouldn't be tempted to use him since he won't be sitting in the bullpen!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ron883 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
i think kenny just gave ozzie all he wanted that season knowing he would crash and burn. it was well known this was ozzie's preferred way of constructing the team. it really magnified how bad of a manager he was.

If that is/was the case, it really is not better than Ozzie sabotoging 2011 to show KW's failure.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)
I know he's not still a Sox. Didn't write that correctly. He had to be the dumbest player alive thinking he was a power hitter. Also Erstad. Sox have had some really bad players.

They ought to have Viciedo just have a drill where somebody pitches to him and he has to take every single pitch to learn how to draw a walk. He has so much talent and he still has not emerged as a threat.

Lillibridge did hit 13 home runs, and all indications were that he was among the Sox best athletes. There have undoubtedly been smaller guys throughout the game - and not just in the steroid era - that hit for power being that skinny.

As a defensive sub and hitting against left handed pitching, I didn't mind Lillibridge. Anything more than that was way too much.