New Semester ~ Whatcha takin?

Texsox

As I work towards my MA in Lierature, which is hopefully a step towards piling it high and deep, I have a Literature and Culture class that will focus on the Kennedy assasination. My first assignmnet is a book written by one of JFK's mistresses called Mafia Moll. Judith Campbell Exner is the author. My other class is a Comparative Lit class centering around "unlikable characters". Required reading include Jude the Obscure, Lolita, Madam Bovary, and a few others. I am liking my choices this semester.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)
As I work towards my MA in Lierature, which is hopefully a step towards piling it high and deep, I have a Literature and Culture class that will focus on the Kennedy assasination. My first assignmnet is a book written by one of JFK's mistresses called Mafia Moll. Judith Campbell Exner is the author. My other class is a Comparative Lit class centering around "unlikable characters". Required reading include Jude the Obscure, Lolita, Madam Bovary, and a few others. I am liking my choices this semester.

Obviously very creepy, but probably the best first-person narrative I've ever read.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 01:20 PM)
Obviously very creepy, but probably the best first-person narrative I've ever read.

One of the things we are exploring is what does a person get out of reading. The discussion for any of these books will be interesting, but how to explain Lolita?

The Holocaust in Text, Image, and Memory (this counts as my cultural studies requirement)

Topics in Political Advertising

Seminar in Cable News

Thesis Independent Study: "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Political Effects, Efficacy, and the Greater Good"

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 2, 2013 -> 10:36 PM)
The Holocaust in Text, Image, and Memory (this counts as my cultural studies requirement)

Topics in Political Advertising

Seminar in Cable News

Thesis Independent Study: "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Political Effects, Efficacy, and the Greater Good"

Oh Hell yeah, sign me up for that.