Waaaayyy OT

Steff

Does anyone, or did anyone, have a house cleaner (not a maid - but a person who came in once a week or twice a month)?

Admittedly.. I am having some trouble maintaining this house. Too many rooms for just 2 people. There have been weeks I don't get to the other side of the house (mostly because there are still so many other projects we're still doing since just moving in in March). So a few friends suggested hiring someone. I guess it's not too expensive ($30 to $50 a day depending on what they do). I'm wondering what the process is to hire one. Word of mouth? What kind of questions do you ask? (besides the obvious - have you ever been arrested for theft?) Should it be a requirement that they are bonded?

I'm not looking for this person to do my laundry (YUK!).. just vaccum, wash the floors, take out the trash, etc.. Maybe walk the dog? (or is that a separate person to hire?)

Anyone have one or know someone who did that can help?

Does anyone, or did anyone, have a house cleaner (not a maid - but a person who came in once a week or twice a month)?

Admittedly.. I am having some trouble maintaining this house. Too many rooms for just 2 people. There have been weeks I don't get to the other side of the house (mostly because there are still so many other projects we're still doing since just moving in in March). So a few friends suggested hiring someone. I guess it's not too expensive ($30 to $50 a day depending on what they do). I'm wondering what the process is to hire one. Word of mouth? What kind of questions do you ask? (besides the obvious - have you ever been arrested for theft?) Should it be a requirement that they are bonded?

I'm not looking for this person to do my laundry (YUK!).. just vaccum, wash the floors, take out the trash, etc.. Maybe walk the dog? (or is that a separate person to hire?)

Steff, I would suggest you do a search on the internet rather than accepting opinons here , on this matter. Evaluate opinions from sources that have great experience in this matter. You can not be too careful these days, and this person will be in your HOUSE.

Guest hotsoxchick1

steff when i was working a ton of over time hours.. and when i start up the xmas rush at work.. i get a cleaning lady from this cleaning crew based in hampshire... ill be happy to send ya the phone number... they do a fantastic job and are very reliable.....they even do windows lol......i paid her 50 bucks each time i had her come out and gave her a nice tip when she did the laundry for me....she does everything you want her to do.. no problem....the only thing thats a minus is shes polish and doesnt speak english very well but if you show her what you want done it gets done perfectly........if that doesnt sound like something you want to try then i think ian is lookin for a part time job .. he has to make car and insurance payments now and prolly could use the extra bucks lol lol lol lol........ :lol:

steff when i was working a ton of over time hours.. and when i start up the xmas rush at work.. i get a cleaning lady from this cleaning crew based in hampshire... ill be happy to send ya the phone number... they do a fantastic job and are very reliable.....they even do windows lol......i paid her 50 bucks each time i had her come out and gave her a nice tip when she did the laundry for me....she does everything you want her to do.. no problem....the only thing thats a minus is shes polish and doesnt speak english very well but if you show her what you want done it gets done perfectly........if that doesnt sound like something you want to try then i think ian is lookin for a part time job .. he has to make car and insurance payments now and prolly could use the extra bucks lol lol lol lol........ :lol:

Yes please.. send me the number. Also.. I missed your call. I'll just buzz you tomorrow from work. It's about the 6th anyway so if you've made a decision on that then we'll just work out the details.

Most charge in the neighborhood of $10 hour and look for cash. Most people who do this do it as an odd job and use it for extra cash. My mother in law does it, and only works for people recommended by her other customers, so I would just ask around and try to get ahold of someone your friends trust.

Lazy

Lazy

Jealous :lol: