Metallica leaves their mark

clujer420

http://www.encycmet.com/news/2003-08-26.shtml

BRAVES FIELD SHODDY AFTER METALLICA SHOW

Turner Field, home of the Atlanta Braves, has seen better days thanks to a midseason Metallica concert in which fans blanketed almost all of the field. Only a small portion near the pitcher's mound was left clean at the July 11 show, damaging the grass and forcing field director Ed Mangan to speed up his normal seeding process. It also stopped him from resodding.

The result? Plenty of dead spots throughout both the infield and outfield.

:D :headbang

http://www.encycmet.com/news/2003-08-26.shtml

BRAVES FIELD SHODDY AFTER METALLICA SHOW

Turner Field, home of the Atlanta Braves, has seen better days thanks to a midseason Metallica concert in which fans blanketed almost all of the field.  Only a small portion near the pitcher's mound was left clean at the July 11 show, damaging the grass and forcing field director Ed Mangan to speed up his normal seeding process. It also stopped him from resodding.

The result? Plenty of dead spots throughout both the infield and outfield.

:D  :headbang

That's fully, with all the crap they were probably spewing out during their concert that should have fertilized the grass & made it stronger.

They stopped being a cool band 8 years ago. HANG IT UP ALREADY!!!

That's fully, with all the crap they were probably spewing out during their concert that should have fertilized the grass & made it stronger.

They stopped being a cool band 8 years ago.  HANG IT UP ALREADY!!!

That's "funny", I think you meant, and you're right -- just because you feel betrayed because their music has evolved, they are no longer cool. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

And who are you to tell a band (or anyone else for that matter) when they should retire? What makes you such an authority? There are millions of concert goers and album buyers that would very much disagree with your obviously biased and uninformed assessment.

They stopped being a cool band 8 years ago.  HANG IT UP ALREADY!!!

That's "funny", I think you meant, and you're right -- just because you feel betrayed because their music has evolved, they are no longer cool. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

And who are you to tell a band (or anyone else for that matter) when they should retire? What makes you such an authority? There are millions of concert goers and album buyers that would very much disagree with your obviously biased and uninformed assessment.

And there are millions more that agree with me. They haven't put out anything worthwile since 1995. Also, I personally couldn't care less about that whole Napster thing.

After that Load album, Metallica is not the same band. I have all their albums until the Load. Seek and Destroy to Black. Since Load a i give up buying his album. Their music after Load is s***...

I'm a fan from the Master of Puppets days, Ride the Lightning and Kill 'em All rocked. I'm not a fan of And Justice and the black album. I thought Load was pretty good actually. Reload sucked on the other hand. Do they have a new album out. I know there is a new song but I haven't bothered getting excited about it.

I'm a fan from the Master of Puppets days, Ride the Lightning and Kill 'em All rocked.  I'm not a fan of And Justice and the black album.    I thought Load was pretty good actually.  Reload sucked on the other hand.  Do they have a new album out.  I know there is a new song but I haven't bothered getting excited about it.

If you're a fan of GOD AWFUL production value, than by all means buy they're new album.

And who are you to tell a band (or anyone else for that matter) when they should retire?  What makes you such an authority?  There are millions of concert goers and album buyers that would very much disagree with your obviously biased and uninformed assessment.

Michael Jackson still has millions of fans... does that mean he's any good anymore? ;)

Here's to personal preference and being able to express an opinion :cheers

Michael Jackson still has millions of fans... does that mean he's any good anymore?  ;)

Here's to personal preference and being able to express an opinion :cheers

How many albums is Michael selling now... Not too many.

You'd be surprised just how well he does in Europe.

But I'll make another point.. Brittney Spears..? All the "boy bands"..? Cher..? People are flocking to their concerts and to buy their CD's.. Personally, I can't stand their music and think they have no talent.. but obviously some do. :rolleyes:

Michael Jackson still has millions of fans... does that mean he's any good anymore?  ;)

Here's to personal preference and being able to express an opinion   :cheers

How many albums is Michael selling now... Not too many.

You'd be surprised just how well he does in Europe.

But I'll make another point.. Brittney Spears..? All the "boy bands"..? Cher..? People are flocking to their concerts and to buy their CD's.. Personally, I can't stand their music and think they have no talent.. but obviously some do. :rolleyes:

You are right, I don't know about Europe but his last album in the US was a bomb sales-wise.

And when it comes to music, to each his(or her) own, no matter how bad it sucks :lol: