How comfortable are you rooting for the draft pick?

Princess Dye

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 08:30 PM)
Personally I'm indifferent to winning and losing in a season like this. I'm not the type of person to openly root for my team to lose, but the games don't matter so I don't really care much about who is winning. Mostly I just hope the young guys play well and that if they do lose, it's fun-bad, so I get a few laughs along the way.

Exactly the way I feel.

The farm system sucks at developing position players. So whoever they get, they won't be able to run the bases and situational hitting will go out the window once they make it to the Cell. A high draft pick is not going to save this organization. They produce some decent pitching though.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
The farm system sucks at developing position players. So whoever they get, they won't be able to run the bases and situational hitting will go out the window once they make it to the Cell. A high draft pick is not going to save this organization. They produce some decent pitching though.

Neither will finishing the season 15-10 or whatever you people are hoping for.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 12:41 AM)
The two guys I'm gonna keep a close eye on are Gatewood and Alex Jackson. If Jackson keeps improving I'd have a hard time passing on him with the 3rd pick...

Gatewood is the name I keep paying attention to. Obviously Beede is going to be a very high pick too, but I really hope we go position player with our first 2-3 picks. We seem to be stocking pitchers.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 01:22 AM)
Gatewood is the name I keep paying attention to. Obviously Beede is going to be a very high pick too, but I really hope we go position player with our first 2-3 picks. We seem to be stocking pitchers.

If we get a top flight RHP prospect and the organization thinks he can be developed, I'll take it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 01:46 AM)
If we get a top flight RHP prospect and the organization thinks he can be developed, I'll take it.

I suppose if it means we can then have the flexibility to trade our pitching strengths for hitting prospects, then yeah. Obviously I'd take Rodon if he slips to #3, or if we get that #2 and the Astros take Beede or someone else.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 01:22 AM)

Best player available is fine with me, no matter who it is.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
Best player available is fine with me, no matter who it is.

I agree 100%. It could be another tall, lanky lefty with a fastball-slider combo, and I would not care. Hell, they could take 2 of them. Sale's tough enough to hit, but if you follow him up with Inventory and Reduction, I have no problem with it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)
It sounds strange, but I'd feel much better if the Sox took the top pitcher on the board than if they took the top hitter.

Me too, and given the struggles of Hawkins, I wonder when the next time will be that they take a high schooler with their first pick? From listening to Hawk and Stoney, they definitely don't like the idea of taking high school pitchers too high.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)
Me too, and given the struggles of Hawkins, I wonder when the next time will be that they take a high schooler with their first pick? From listening to Hawk and Stoney, they definitely don't like the idea of taking high school pitchers too high.

We'll see what happens with Danish, but he seems to be moving pretty well already.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
The other thread was closed for a reason. Let it go.

For a stupid reason. If people in the win now at all costs thread didn't like that thread why did they post in it? This is being treated like it's f***ing grade school and people can't defend themselves. I am pretty sure most of us are all adults here. And I am angry because I never got to respond to Dick Allen's idiotic comparison to the Bears.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 09:02 AM)
For a stupid reason. If people in the win now at all costs thread didn't like that thread why did they post in it? This is being treated like it's f***ing grade school and people can't defend themselves. I am pretty sure most of us are all adults here. And I am angry because I never got to respond to Dick Allen's idiotic comparison to the Bears.

And if people could post like adults, the thread would still be open.