konerko sucks??? good call...

mike12345

He may have sucked much of the season, but at this point, who cares?

He blasted two home runs to help us maul New York in Yankee Stadium?

It's a big win and he was a big part of it.

Congrats to Paulie who has never whined in the media just tried to improve.

Big game for Paulie, Crede, Olivo. Nice.

And Frank, etc. and E-Lo.

Great great win.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks, I'll stay.  I like this board

Hey man, 1st off, Welcome! :headbang 2nd, you cant be a rookie here on SoxTalk and immediately attack a SoxTalk Legend! Thats disrespectful man. You have been here for 4 days and she has been for for a looong time. :nono

Guest hotsoxchick1
Hey man, 1st off, Welcome!  :headbang 2nd, you cant be a rookie here on SoxTalk and immediately attack a SoxTalk Legend! Thats disrespectful man. You have been here for a day and she has been for for a looong time.  :nono

soxfan ... lol i dont care what ms cleo has to say....anyone with the name haywood ja blow me has got much bigger problems than pitty attacks.......... ;)

Hey man, 1st off, Welcome!  :headbang 2nd, you cant be a rookie here on SoxTalk and immediately attack a SoxTalk Legend! Thats disrespectful man. You have been here for 4 days and she has been for for a looong time.  :nono

Legend? That is actually one of the problems I saw here before I signed up is that the concensus here seems to be, the more post you have, the more you know about baseball. Or I go to xxx amounts of games each year, or I have season tickets, etc. None of this equates to baseball knowledge. What I said, IMO, was not disrespectful. She pulled a McCarver-ism, master-of-the-obvious and I called her on it and now she deems it necessary to call me Ms. Cleo. Pot, meet kettle.

Anyway, glad to aboard.

If I'm not mistaken, tonight's loss at home was the first for the Yankees against the AL Central. Let's take the next 2.

Legend?  That is actually one of the problems I saw here before I signed up is that the concensus here seems to be, the more post you have, the more you know about baseball.  Or I go to xxx amounts of games each year, or I have season tickets, etc.  None of this equates to baseball knowledge.  What I said, IMO, was not disrespectful.  She pulled a McCarver-ism, master-of-the-obvious and I called her on it and now she deems it necessary to call me Ms. Cleo.  Pot, meet kettle.

Anyway, glad to aboard.

If I'm not mistaken, tonight's loss at home was the first for the Yankees against the AL Central.  Let's take the next 2.

And the Yanks have dominated the AL Central pretty much since 2001 (I think we all know what happened in 2000 in New York). :headbang

And as far as posting. Your damn right, were all Sox fans and thats what this place is for.

Hopefully we can all celebrate as the Sox continue to improve.

Talking about all season, i dont think 21 GIDP is clutch. ;)

You're hateful obsession with Paul Konerko has almost reached the point of being rediculous. You are entitled to your opinions, and are welcome to post them at anytime. But, please, have more than one. You've used "GIDP" in so many anti-Konerko posts I've come to believe that your fingers type these letters from muscle memory.

get off of paul konerko. i dont think anyone works harder than paulie on this team. he is a stand up guy who is willing to be accountable for his performance. same as billy koch. cut these guys a break. these guys have come out and said in the media that they are not happy with what they have done. they know that they need to do better and they have said so. lets get behind these guys.

get off of paul konerko. i dont think anyone works harder than paulie on this team. he is a stand up guy who is willing to be accountable for his performance. same as billy koch. cut these guys a break. these guys have come out and said in the media that they are not happy with what they have done. they know that they need to do better and they have said so. lets get behind these guys.

Absolutely! ... They do still wear silver and black. :cheers

You're hateful obsession with Paul Konerko has almost reached the point of being rediculous.  You are entitled to your opinions, and are welcome to post them at anytime.  But, please, have more than one.  You've used "GIDP" in so many anti-Konerko posts I've come to believe that your fingers type these letters from muscle memory.

I'm sorry if you love him, but it's the reality. I'm not that fan that would change after one good day for a slumping hitter that has cost us a lot of games all season.

I write other things like .230 AVG, am i improving now? :rolleyes:

At least the guy is improving. I know Joe Crede was struggling in the 1st half a bit as well, but with him and Paulie now clubbing da ball around the park beautifully, it has improved and made our offence so much more dangerous, cos now our whole lineup is capable of hitting. At the start of the year it was really only Carlos, Frank and maybe Maggs who were consistently hitting well, hence the losing record.

:drink

I'm sorry if you love him, but it's the reality. I'm not that fan that would change after one good day for a slumping hitter that has cost us a lot of games all season.

I write other things like .230 AVG, am i improving now?  :rolleyes:

I always liked Konerko. But I know he's had a horrible year. The point is that you just keep pounding and pounding on the same subject all the time. Lighten up a little and enjoy the stretch run. It's looking like a good year to be a Sox fan. :cheers

I always liked Konerko. But I know he's had a horrible year. The point is that you just keep pounding and pounding on the same subject all the time. Lighten up a little and enjoy the stretch run. It's looking like a good year to be a Sox fan. :cheers

I'm enjoying this season :headbang ... :cheers

I agree rafacosta!! This season, although this team can make you yell at the tv, has been fun... I mean... just looking at all the positives easily outweighs the negatives with Loaiza, Carlos, Marte having monster years... and Ordonez having another solid season...

Sooooo.......

GO SOX + #45!

I agree rafacosta!! This season, although this team can make you yell at the tv, has been fun... I mean... just looking at all the positives easily outweighs the negatives with Loaiza, Carlos, Marte having monster years... and Ordonez having another solid season...

Sooooo.......

GO SOX + #45!

I dont yell to much on the screen because i have watched just one game this year...and it was a loss agst Seattle, Colon pitched and got rocked.

I will have a chance to yell next wednesday when our beloved Sox will go to Boston.

apology for what..i think i'm the one who deserves the apology for you saying konerko sucks..how many homer did he have last night...i'm sure you know since u have been keeping score for 27 years...

I didn't say Konerko sucks, liar.

And I didn't learn how to keep score until I was 5. Keep up, kiddo.

Hey lemme just get one thing straight here rafacosta

Mike and I are NOT the same person

first, why the hell would I be running two names? I am not that obsessed with Soxnet to create two personalaties to use.

Yes I know Mike and we use to live by eachother till we went off to college but we are not the same person..

How can you say you are "sure" we are the same person? I will bet you anything and youll see because your WRONG.. and I am sure that ANY of the moderators can proove it too!

So think what you want but I have only ONE name and thats this one, I am content on getting these post numbers up, I am not runnin two names here..

Plus the other day we were both postin on the same post at the same time? hmm how does that work? How are we on the board at the same time?

Quit makin s*** up Sherlock Holmes.. "derrr I know they are the same."

just because we agree on some topics doesnt mean we are the same people...if u dont believe we are different u can im me.my screen name is mike4235...u dont have to change the subject just because u have no arguement since konerko had a good game..