Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
Someone here clearly doesn't like Tate, but he continues to impress.

I don't hate him, just don't think he's a B1G guard. He'll do little things well but will make it seem like Illinois only had 4 guys on offense.

It's all about expectations with Tate. I expect him to be a decent backup PG, do some of those little things well, never be a starting PG. I think from what I've seen so far, he can handle those duties. He'll have to this year, don't have any other options. Next year's playing time will be hard to come by, lot of guards.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 04:57 PM)
Go Canes

Should be an interesting season. I have zero idea on what to expect. NIT bid would be nice. Just lost a freshman earlier this week that sounded like he was going to be a major scoring option.

Not a good start.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 8, 2013 -> 11:34 PM)
Kansas State lost at home to Northern Colorado. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It is insane how much money Bruce Weber is going to end up making as a high major basketball coach and ruin basketball programs. He is recruiting really poorly to KSU so just a matter of time before it doesn't work out there. I wonder what his buyout situation is at KSU. No way he gets fired this year but I could see him getting fired next year if they miss the tourney this year and next and he would still have 2 or 3 years left on his deal. Could be another situation where he is getting paid for 2 years not to coach basketball for a school.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 10:33 AM)
The dude won a conference title in his first year at freaken' Kansas State, their first one in 36 years. I would wait more than one game to jump to conclusions.

And at Illinois he made the title game in his second year, then proceeded to win two more tourney games in the next seven seasons, missing the tourney 3 times. I've seen this movie before.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 05:41 PM)
And at Illinois he made the title game in his second year, then proceeded to win two more tourney games in the next seven seasons, missing the tourney 3 times. I've seen this movie before.

True. I'm just saying there's nothing to draw from that one game. Love him or hate him, Weber is a flawed coached who has had some awesome successes as a basketball coach.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
True. I'm just saying there's nothing to draw from that one game. Love him or hate him, Weber is a flawed coached who has had some awesome successes as a basketball coach.

It isn't just one game. It is a terrible loss where immediately throws his older players under the boss and follows two years of terrible recruiting and their best player transferring because he didn't want to play for Weber.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 06:51 PM)
Egwu and Rice look good for Illini

Bertrand had a great first half. The freshmen are pretty talented but I don't think any of them are instant impact guys. Hill is really skilled and aggressive but because he isn't a great athlete I think it will take him a little time to adjust. Nunn is the opposite where his athleticism stands out but he is a little raw in terms of his skill set right now. It is pretty clear Tate will be a solid backup to Abrams.