Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
The only way to beat Duke there is to blow them out.

I want to b**** about refs but Michigan looks like crap on offense. Don't get why there was an offensive foul on Walton on the spin though.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
It's always funny listening to Dick Vitale broadcast ACC teams. Just loves Duke and North Carolina year in and year out. Was a hug Maryland fan when they were good, and I'm sure he'll love Syracuse even more.

He's annoying every game he does and never shuts up. Sometimes less is more.

LeVert only one who showed up.

Edited by Brian

Terrible, terrible 2nd half for Indiana last night. Crean was not the problem, it was sloppy play by freshman/Sheehey (outside of Vonleh). 'Cuse was just baiting everyone to shoot jumpers, and it worked. That said, 'Cuse is a dang good team. Have not seen Crean so irate during a press conference. Hopefully the team responds. By the end of the year, the defense could be suffocating.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 08:36 AM)
Terrible, terrible 2nd half for Indiana last night. Crean was not the problem, it was sloppy play by freshman/Sheehey (outside of Vonleh). 'Cuse was just baiting everyone to shoot jumpers, and it worked. That said, 'Cuse is a dang good team. Have not seen Crean so irate during a press conference. Hopefully the team responds. By the end of the year, the defense could be suffocating.

Did they play a 2-3 zone?

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 10:30 PM)
Duke's going to have to score a lot every game because they're slow footed on D and don't defend the rim.

Wish Michigan could get the first ten minutes back.

You nailed Parker's points though, of course it was for a totally different reason.

Michigan wasnt going to win that game, but a few other plays really needed to show up. They looked disorganized at times.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)

Lol at that play not being called a travel. Miller walked before he dribbled and then took about 5 steps after he dribbled. Inexcusable to blow that lead against a bad GT team last night but also sucks to lose on a play like that.

Called it real time, it was obvious and he did it roughly 3 times.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 06:48 AM)
The difference between Fran and Lickliter is incredible. Iowa can score a ton. Players like to score. I think he is going to start landing some big recruits in the next few years.

Agreed. Great depth and some good looking players, plus they will have a nice core returning again next year. I hope this keeps up cause not only does he make Iowa basketball fun to watch (and for the players fun to play) but he also has changed the entire culture. Plus the new facilities, everything, should help a ton. That was as excited as I've seen Carver in a number of years. Defense has to step up though. Jok looks like he might be a player too.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 04:06 PM)

Lol at that play not being called a travel. Miller walked before he dribbled and then took about 5 steps after he dribbled. Inexcusable to blow that lead against a bad GT team last night but also sucks to lose on a play like that.

Makes up for the missed goal tending earlier in the 2nd half :)

Agreed, that was a bad missed call in a big spot. Knowing the way refs have called games this year, I'm shocked they didn't call Egwu for a foul the second he put both of his hands on Miller's back before the drive. Watching the replay of the game, both teams were horrendous. There were 3 good players on the court last night in Rice, Carter Jr. and Georges-Hunt. The rest should be ashamed of their performance.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
Agreed. Great depth and some good looking players, plus they will have a nice core returning again next year. I hope this keeps up cause not only does he make Iowa basketball fun to watch (and for the players fun to play) but he also has changed the entire culture. Plus the new facilities, everything, should help a ton. That was as excited as I've seen Carver in a number of years. Defense has to step up though. Jok looks like he might be a player too.

I like any program that takes a bunch of white guys and makes them play zone defense.