Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
How IU was in that game with 25 TOs I'll never know. Rice just flipped s*** on Crean. Great game

Well, IU hit 10 3s on 45.5% while illinois hit 2 on 11.8%. IU also made 24 FTs. The only way IU loses a game like that is with turnovers.

Great game for Illinois. That wasn't the Oladipo and Zeller Hoosiers, but they are a good team. I wasn't very optimistic about our chances before the game, but JFG teams continue to really come through. Ray Rice is really something else, too. A lot of folks doubted how he'd do in the Big Ten, but this should quell those doubts for a while. Even I was unsure about how much he might drop off in conference.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 05:01 PM)
Great game for Illinois. That wasn't the Oladipo and Zeller Hoosiers, but they are a good team. I wasn't very optimistic about our chances before the game, but JFG teams continue to really come through. Ray Rice is really something else, too. A lot of folks doubted how he'd do in the Big Ten, but this should quell those doubts for a while. Even I was unsure about how much he might drop off in conference.

Yeah, Rice is just a man. Next year could be stacked with all the spacing that the Illini will add. He'll have more room to operate.

Iowa State finishes nonconference undefeated.

I don't know how good this team is, but they are sure fun to watch.

Rumor that ISU has scheduled a home and home against a Big Ten again. Could very easily be Illinois or Indiana.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 05:23 PM)
Aaron Jordan commits. Good recruit and Crean really wanted him.

What's 2015 look like for Illinois as far as schollies? Charles Mathews should be their main target.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 07:38 PM)
What's 2015 look like for Illinois as far as schollies? Charles Mathews should be their main target.

2 open scholarships but I would guess they would take 3 more if it is the right 3 (i.e. Charles Matthews). They will want a PG and big with the 2 open ships and would obviously take Matthews as well.