Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Illinois-NU game, man was that a terrible few hours of my life. Cramped in the bleachers, sorry ass basketball, and walk away with a loss.

Gotta find an upset somewhere now and still get to 9 wins in the Big Ten, but looking more like an NIT trip now. It's disappointing, but honestly this team isn't talented/experienced enough, and we knew that going into the season.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
I was at the Illinois-NU game, man was that a terrible few hours of my life. Cramped in the bleachers, sorry ass basketball, and walk away with a loss.

Gotta find an upset somewhere now and still get to 9 wins in the Big Ten, but looking more like an NIT trip now. It's disappointing, but honestly this team isn't talented/experienced enough, and we knew that going into the season.

I went to Maryland-NU last year and those bleachers are the worst thing ever.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 03:26 PM)
I've been to a game at NU. Their gym is a lot like the bigger Indiana HS gyms.

Yea my dad and I were bashing the gym, the lack of NU fans, the NU uniforms....oops. NU wanted that game more. Every Illini fan there was eager to cheer for something, they didn't give us much to cheer for though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 09:54 PM)
Embiid looks like a young Olajuwon.

If you just watch his highlights, he looks like the best prospect out there. He also makes more mistakes and disappears more often, but that's to be expected at this point in his development.

Semi-related because of the draft: Parker is in quite a funk recently. His shot selection leaves a lot to be desired.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 09:19 AM)
If you just watch his highlights, he looks like the best prospect out there. He also makes more mistakes and disappears more often, but that's to be expected at this point in his development.

Semi-related because of the draft: Parker is in quite a funk recently. His shot selection leaves a lot to be desired.

In general while this draft is deep in potentially really good players and there are multiple guys who could become stars in the league there doesn't appear to be the slam dunk franchise player that people expected there to be a few months ago.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
In general while this draft is deep in potentially really good players and there are multiple guys who could become stars in the league there doesn't appear to be the slam dunk franchise player that people expected there to be a few months ago.

Depends on how you classify "slam dunk franchise player". I don't see a Lebron/Duncan/Durant level prospect, but I think all of the top-4 are on the John Wall/Blake Griffin level of prospect where they would be an easy #1 in most drafts, and possibly Exum. There may not be a guy that I would bet a significant amount of money on to make an All-NBA team in his career, but there are a lot of guys that look reasonably safe to be capable starters, obviously with the potential for a lot more.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
Depends on how you classify "slam dunk franchise player". I don't see a Lebron/Duncan/Durant level prospect, but I think all of the top-4 are on the John Wall/Blake Griffin level of prospect where they would be an easy #1 in most drafts, and possibly Exum. There may not be a guy that I would bet a significant amount of money on to make an All-NBA team in his career, but there are a lot of guys that look reasonably safe to be capable starters, obviously with the potential for a lot more.

I meant the former.

That was an odd last 10 minutes. Wisconsin was getting everything it wanted, and then suddenly the crazy 3's weren't going in. I don't think that zone was really all that effective since they still got great looks.

Good win for Indiana. Makes Illinois' win look a little better. :P