Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 09:30 PM)
Maybe MSU can play with Kansas but that's about it.

I think there's a few teams that are right there with them but it's funny how all it took was big 12 play for KU to get their s*** together. Bill Self just owns that conference.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 08:08 PM)
Lenzelle should get in his car and drive back to ZB and never ever return.

Loved watching him in high school had some huge games. No clue where his shot went. There were games he couldn't miss. Never thought he'd be this ineffective in college.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 10:35 PM)
We've also lost 4 in a row.

Reverse sig bet?

Tempting but I am legitimately afraid of what you would make me post.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 05:19 AM)
Loved watching him in high school had some huge games. No clue where his shot went. There were games he couldn't miss. Never thought he'd be this ineffective in college.

They chose Smith over Jordan Sibert and Siebert transferred. Horrible move.

Edited by RockRaines

I was at the gym last night during the end of the KSU/Texas game. Just terrible defense by KSU and a sweet stroke by that Texas player to win the game with under 2 seconds left.

I gotta give Bruce props, I would've figured his team had a 0% chance of being ranked this season after the first few weeks of the season.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
So far in conference play, Missouri is 2-3, Oregon is 1-4, and UNLV is 2-3. I thought Illinois played over their head in non conference play, but I guess their opponents just weren't as good as advertised.

As far as I'm concerned, Missouri doesn't have a basketball team.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)
I was at the gym last night during the end of the KSU/Texas game. Just terrible defense by KSU and a sweet stroke by that Texas player to win the game with under 2 seconds left.

I gotta give Bruce props, I would've figured his team had a 0% chance of being ranked this season after the first few weeks of the season.

Weber has done an incredible job so far at KSU. That roster this year looked absolutely horrendous but they will probably be dancing barring a big collapse. It sucks to see we likely won't be with a much better roster but neither here nor there.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
Weber has done an incredible job so far at KSU. That roster this year looked absolutely horrendous but they will probably be dancing barring a big collapse. It sucks to see we likely won't be with a much better roster but neither here nor there.

I don't really care how much success he has at KSU. He just couldn't cut it at illinois. Michael Orris and Jalen James would have been part of the backcourt next year instead of Starks, Cosby, or Nunn.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)

Well this year our roster is pretty bad, just way too much turnover to have a real legitimate chance to compete (and none of the freshmen are stepping up to be big time contributors at this point). Going forward we will be much more talented then KSU.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
Jay Bilas @JayBilas

Follow

I've just watched every Iowa game since December. The Hawkeyes are as good as ANYONE. This is an underrated team good enough to win it all.

12:30 PM - 22 Jan 2014

They may be underrated but I dont think they can win it all. They will run up against someone much more talented than them in the tournament.