Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 1, 2014 -> 05:17 PM)
So win out, win a game or two in the tourney, dare we say NCAA berth

Beating three straight ranked teams to end it would definitely strengthen our chances. I still don't like the odds though.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 1, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
Beating three straight ranked teams to end it would definitely strengthen our chances. I still don't like the odds though.

The odds are still really bad that they beat both Michigan and Iowa but if they did they would be in good shape to make the NCAA tourney by simply winning their first game in the Big 10 tournament.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 1, 2014 -> 06:14 PM)
I don't think it's bad. It's competitive. Step below ACC.

I'm kind of coming around. The difference is that some teams they face won't be used to the style. My boys will befuddle some teams. However if they run into hot shooting it's over.

Tough brackets for sure.

It'll be interesting to see if Illinois' defense can maintain this pace. 4 opponents under 50 is pretty impressive, even if only one of them was a real quality opponent.

Honestly now that Illinois has offered that slimmer of hope of having a a chance at an NCAA berth, they'll promptly f*** it up and lose by 15. But hey, at least i'm excited to watch a game in March. 2 months ago I didn't think that would be possible.