Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 12:23 PM)
One bracket people.

OH MAN I TOTALLY NAILED THAT UPSET/FINAL FOUR!

I can look at it arbitrarily. He completely fabricated an entire report to the NCAA during the Thomas fiasco. Trying to play the fake "good cop" because he was butthurt over losing a recruit.

THEN all the stuff at UT, well after that.

He's a liar and a cheat.

I always do two for money, one with work and one with friends that are the same. My Soxtalk one then is completely different.

One bracket people.

OH MAN I TOTALLY NAILED THAT UPSET/FINAL FOUR!

I can look at it arbitrarily. He completely fabricated an entire report to the NCAA during the Thomas fiasco. Trying to play the fake "good cop" because he was butthurt over losing a recruit.

THEN all the stuff at UT, well after that.

He's a liar and a cheat.

I do 2 brackets when entering pools for $$$, but I will only claim "OH MAN I TOTALLY NAILED THAT UPSET/FINAL FOUR!" if it's with my #1 bracket.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 10:25 AM)
Thats why we play the games right? I like Wisconsin going quite a bit in the tournament this year but who knows. OSU will be out early, so will Iowa. Michigan plays nobody until Duke and MSU will run into a few challenges but not much until UVA. Cinci or Harvard will be interesting against them and I have ISU coming out of one of my brackets.

The funny part is Wisconsin literally got the white boy road. Creighton, BYU (possibly)? So many buzzcuts and white man jumpers.

You have more faith in the Clonies than I.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)
Well, if it was Jim Tressel coming back I am positive he wouldnt be called a good guy on here.

I don't think Tressel is a bad guy at all. He made some pretty dumb mistakes, but that doesn't make him a bad person.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 01:27 PM)
I do 2 brackets when entering pools for $$$, but I will only claim "OH MAN I TOTALLY NAILED THAT UPSET/FINAL FOUR!" if it's with my #1 bracket.

Pretty much what I do. I like to do multiple brackets because it's fun to try to play out multiple possibilities. But I guess we're not doing it right.

For example, I just made one for the second Soxtalk pool. I spent about 3 minutes on it. But I wanted to throw Heads a bone and have ISU make the Final Four in one of my brackets. And just in general I hate the entire right side of the bracket, so I like seeing where I end up with it each time.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
Pretty much what I do. I like to do multiple brackets because it's fun to try to play out multiple possibilities. But I guess we're not doing it right.

For example, I just made one for the second Soxtalk pool. I spent about 3 minutes on it. But I wanted to throw Heads a bone and have ISU make the Final Four in one of my brackets. And just in general I hate the entire right side of the bracket, so I like seeing where I end up with it each time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballn...t-have-more-fun

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)

woo

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
So what does it say for next years NBA draft when the consensus top two picks for next year, who both have huge talent around them, lost before the sweet 16?

Nothing at all.

And They're not the consensus top 2 with Embiid around.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
So what does it say for next years NBA draft when the consensus top two picks for next year, who both have huge talent around them, lost before the sweet 16?

Both teams were flawed. Neither team was particularly great inside considering Embiid was out and Kansas has terrible guards. Hood had a similarly terrible game for Duke as well. Much like when Durant lost in the 2nd round, it means nothing.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
illini-iu-06.gif

What am I missing here...

EDIT: OH it looked like beer. I just assumed it was that nasty looking brown drink he usually drinks during games. Usually it's in a Dasani bottle but I'm guessing the conference made him put it in an "official beverage container" during the tournament.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)

That ANYTHING can happen, and probably will.

The Kentucky kids (especially Randle) will continue to get their showcase. Early's stock definitely is on the rise. Ennis, not so much.

It might hurt Wiggins a BIT, because he has the reputation for disappearing already...but that won't discourage someone from taking him. He's not nearly as consistent as Parker, who reminds me of Carmelo Anthony a bit.

McDermott will be another of those controversial selections like Fredette who will polarize a fanbase...unless he's marketed correctly.

And everyone will get to see a lot more of the talent on Arizona and UCLA on a national basis. UVA too. It's easy to keep forgetting they were a number one seed.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
What am I missing here...

EDIT: OH it looked like beer. I just assumed it was that nasty looking brown drink he usually drinks during games. Usually it's in a Dasani bottle but I'm guessing the conference made him put it in an "official beverage container" during the tournament.

I remember seeing it live and I was so confused...then I remembered the poop water he drinks. But it was pretty weird in that it was right at the end of the game, when you knew they had lost with barely any time left...so it definitely fit the narrative of "well, we lost, may as well drink this beer"

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
That ANYTHING can happen, and probably will.

The Kentucky kids (especially Randle) will continue to get their showcase. Early's stock definitely is on the rise. Ennis, not so much.

It might hurt Wiggins a BIT, because he has the reputation for disappearing already...but that won't discourage someone from taking him. He's not nearly as consistent as Parker, who reminds me of Carmelo Anthony a bit.

McDermott will be another of those controversial selections like Fredette who will polarize a fanbase...unless he's marketed correctly.

And everyone will get to see a lot more of the talent on Arizona and UCLA on a national basis. UVA too. It's easy to keep forgetting they were a number one seed.

It depends on where McDermott gets selected. I can't imagine any fanbase being upset by getting him if he is taken in the teens. Higher than that I could see people being upset though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)
As well he should. Get out of there while you are healthy and your stock is high.

Yeah, considering he's still in the 4-12 range (mostly 5-8 from what I've seen) AFTER IU sucked to end the season and his foot issues, it's a no brainer. Get paid, kid.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 10:31 AM)
It depends on where McDermott gets selected. I can't imagine any fanbase being upset by getting him if he is taken in the teens. Higher than that I could see people being upset though.

McDermott is a future Dunleavy right?