Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)
Parker is already there though. Wiggins grabbed alot of points later in the game but I didnt notice him like you notice Parker. He's a superstar IMO.

Wiggins doesn't need to dominate the ball to take over a game. He can impact the game in more ways than Parker. He's a special player.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 03:23 PM)
Wiggins doesn't need to dominate the ball to take over a game. He can impact the game in more ways than Parker. He's a special player.

I dont feel that way. Parker is a physical presence and showed some defensive improvements. I think he is Carmelo at least in the NBA.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
I dont feel that way. Parker is a physical presence and showed some defensive improvements. I think he is Carmelo at least in the NBA.

Did you miss Wiggins shutting Parker down in the second half and taking over the game in the last 2 minutes? Or score more points per minute from the block and perimeter? Did you miss Perry Ellis putting up 20+ on Parker while shooting over 50%?

Parker is a great player and had a great first half with Wiggins on the bench, but Wiggins is on a different level.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
Did you miss Wiggins shutting Parker down in the second half and taking over the game in the last 2 minutes? Or score more points per minute from the block and perimeter? Did you miss Perry Ellis putting up 20+ on Parker while shooting over 50%?

Parker is a great player and had a great first half with Wiggins on the bench, but Wiggins is on a different level.

Parker was out the last 2 min.

I didnt see it that way at all. Maybe you have a thing for Wiggins and I think Parker is better. Parker was more noticeable to me during the game. He's physically ready to be in the NBA now and controlled the tempo for Duke. Having Ellis really helped Kansas and Wiggins while I thought it was obviously Parker was supposed to carry Duke. To me its a no brainer that he's the top pick with an extremely high floor.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 08:54 PM)
It has to be credited to someone, why not the guy who actually gained his team possession. Love me some tap out rebounds.

I just feel you should have possession to get credited for the rebound, I guess. Whoever gets it after the tap out maybe should get credited for it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 08:57 PM)
I just feel you should have possession to get credited for the rebound, I guess. Whoever gets it after the tap out maybe should get credited for it.

But they did way less work (usually) to get the rebound. It's not perfect, but I'd rather have the guy responsible for the possession getting the credit. I see your point though.