Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be nuts for the Michigan game. Kids camped out since last evening to get in. I suppose that's the risk when you oversell.

Anyways, ISU should have their best player back from injury today. I have yet to hear about McGary.

Hard to believe in the 84 years he's done college basketball, this is Vitale's first trip to Ames.

Can't wait for refs to call a foul on Cyclones

I hate the ticky tack whistles. Let them play, especially when you're not calling them both ways.

Michigan not top 10 now but will be by March.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 07:23 PM)
Illinois seemed extremely impressive tonight against a potential tourney team in Bradley. At least i think they were. It wasn't on TV, but they won by 26

It's on tomorrow, BTN at 2pm, so I'll record that to watch. Hate these no-TV games.

Box score looks good, best part is the rebounds. 49-25. That had been an issue early on.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)
Can't wait for refs to call a foul on Cyclones

I hate the ticky tack whistles. Let them play, especially when you're not calling them both ways.

Michigan not top 10 now but will be by March.

Yeah I thought the Big Ten refs actually worked better for Iowa State's type of play. They were more aggressive and physical than Michigan. Morgan and Horford need to step it up and be more dominant. I get so tired of Morgan's inconsistency. He's a senior and needs to play better. I didn't like some of the non calls but I'm not going to take that away from Iowa State. They shot the ball better and out played Michigan. Doesn't help Michigan going cold in the last 9 minutes with only 3 field goals made and one of them was a gimme with 8 seconds left.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 07:50 PM)
Yeah I thought the Big Ten refs actually worked better for Iowa State's type of play. They were more aggressive and physical than Michigan. Morgan and Horford need to step it up and be more dominant. I get so tired of Morgan's inconsistency. He's a senior and needs to play better. I didn't like some of the non calls but I'm not going to take that away from Iowa State. They shot the ball better and out played Michigan. Doesn't help Michigan going cold in the last 9 minutes with only 3 field goals made and one of them was a gimme with 8 seconds left.

This game will go a long way to help both teams.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 08:11 PM)
Easily.....if anything for Michigan it'll help them get a taste of the physical play for the Big Ten. I don't know too much about ISU sadly considering I'm an Iowan but they are a good team.

Probably third or fourth best team in the Big 12 this year behind Kansas, Oklahoma State and about on par with Baylor.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 10:08 PM)
Looking like another year without an NCAA appearance for Northwestern. ll That was an absolutely terrible loss tonight. The Collins era not off to a good start.

I don't know that anyone really expected them to do anything this year. Limited offensive talent, young/inexperienced/unproven team, new offensive and defensive systems. Crawford is good, but the rest of the roster is a mess.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 07:50 PM)

Morgan is what he is. When Mitch is in the swing of things, this whole team will be loads better. If he was in shape yesterday, I think Michigan wins. Morgan shouldn't see the floor.

Stauskas has become really good all around, but unfortunately, it seems GR3 can be taken out of his game pretty easily. Saw him hanging his head in the 1st half yesterday.

Head is right, the game will go a long way for both teams.

Michigan's non conference schedule is rough. Still have Duke, Arizona, and probably VCU. Not sure how Stanford an Long Beach St are this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 10:08 PM)
Looking like another year without an NCAA appearance for Northwestern. ll That was an absolutely terrible loss tonight. The Collins era not off to a good start.

Can't judge him on the season but he has two good recruits coming next year in Vic Law and Lindsey.

Was talking to a guy close to hs hoops up here and he compared Lindsey's recruiting, not skill, to Anthony Davis. Nobody heard of him than had a big growth spurt and started opening some eyes. Hope to see him this season.

Jaylon Tate is averaging 4.3 APG to 0.8 TO. That's extremely impressive, especially for a true freshman. I'm not sure how he'll do when the competition gets better, but I'm convinced that Tate is going to be an above average B1G guard by his junior season. It doesn't look like he'll ever be the scorer that Groce wants out of his 1, but he appears to have a very good feel for the game and is a very good passer.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 04:40 AM)
Morgan is what he is. When Mitch is in the swing of things, this whole team will be loads better. If he was in shape yesterday, I think Michigan wins. Morgan shouldn't see the floor.

Stauskas has become really good all around, but unfortunately, it seems GR3 can be taken out of his game pretty easily. Saw him hanging his head in the 1st half yesterday.

Head is right, the game will go a long way for both teams.

Michigan's non conference schedule is rough. Still have Duke, Arizona, and probably VCU. Not sure how Stanford an Long Beach St are this year.

Stauskas is a damn stud. Clear why Hoiberg wanted him so bad.

McGary was impressive. I still think ISU was the more physical team and Ejim looked like the preseason All-American.

Either way, fun game. Love getting to play B1G teams.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 07:33 AM)
Very solid win for Iowa State, but they were at home and favored so I find all the upset talk funny. I trust the perception of Vegas more than the media and/or coach's rankings.

Hilton, man. Place is tougher than most outside the conference would think.