Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 05:20 AM)
Bulls are out of their damn mind if they don't do everything possible to try and get Jabari.

Still rather have Wiggins at the next level but Jabari is a superstar in college and is going to be an absolute star in the NBA as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 10:10 AM)
Still rather have Wiggins at the next level but Jabari is a superstar in college and is going to be an absolute star in the NBA as well.

This. I think people are getting too wrapped up in Parker being from Chicago. Don't get me wrong. The kid is really good. But Wiggins easily has the most upside with very little downside. I might even take Exum and Randle before Parker. You can't teach elite athleticism.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
This. I think people are getting too wrapped up in Parker being from Chicago. Don't get me wrong. The kid is really good. But Wiggins easily has the most upside with very little downside. I might even take Exum and Randle before Parker. You can't teach elite athleticism.

I don't expect them to be able to get Wiggins or Randle.

I think Exum has the chance to be the biggest star from the draft.

But I think it's possible they get the #4 pick and having Parker with whatever version of Rose exists writes itself for marketing.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 11:34 AM)
I don't expect them to be able to get Wiggins or Randle.

I think Exum has the chance to be the biggest star from the draft.

But I think it's possible they get the #4 pick and having Parker with whatever version of Rose exists writes itself for marketing.

Oh ok then that makes sense. I just can't help but laugh when I see Parker > Wiggins. And it's mostly bulls/illini fans. Somethin' tragic would have to happen for Wiggins not to blow up the nba.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
Before getting fat, Jabari was the best prospect since Lebron for a reason. Now that he's in shape again he's the obvious pick. At worst you're getting Paul Pierce.

lmao. This is ridiculous and what i'm talking about. At WORST he's paul pierce? So what's the best case? LeBron? Durant? Stop.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
Before getting fat, Jabari was the best prospect since Lebron for a reason. Now that he's in shape again he's the obvious pick. At worst you're getting Paul Pierce.

They said the same thing about Wiggins. Jabari is no where near the athlete that Wiggins is and has to be much more ball dominant to make an impact. He'll be a great NBA player but Wiggins has a much greater upside.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 06:04 PM)
They said the same thing about Wiggins. Jabari is no where near the athlete that Wiggins is and has to be much more ball dominant to make an impact. He'll be a great NBA player but Wiggins has a much greater upside.

They said it after Jabari was dethroned for getting fat. Wiggins does not have a better upside than a Paul Pierce clone.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
lmao. This is ridiculous and what i'm talking about. At WORST he's paul pierce? So what's the best case? LeBron? Durant? Stop.

At best he's a better hall of fame type. It's one of the greatest classes ever and Jabari is at the top of it right now. A class like this will provide at least one of those types if not multiple HoFers as they always do. It's not that ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
Oh ok then that makes sense. I just can't help but laugh when I see Parker > Wiggins. And it's mostly bulls/illini fans. Somethin' tragic would have to happen for Wiggins not to blow up the nba.

Yeah, Wiggins has the monster athleticism.

Randle is just a huge, athletic inside monster.

Exum (from what little I've seen) just sees the game incredibly smoothly and has the athleticism and shooting to compliment it.

Parker still has great athleticism, but he also seems to have a chip on his shoulder and massive amount of skill for someone so young, making me think he'll never be content to rely on his athleticism and existing skill.

Basically, you can't go wrong with any of the four and I think Jabari is most attainable.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 12:59 PM)
At best he's a better hall of fame type. It's one of the greatest classes ever and Jabari is at the top of it right now. A class like this will provide at least one of those types if not multiple HoFers as they always do. It's not that ridiculous.

WHAT!? What does that mean? A better HOF type? Better than who? You said AT WORST he's Paul Pierce. As if Pierce is/was some kinda borderline all-star and not a first ballot hall of famer. I'd say that's A LOT more of a best case scenario. You have somehow found a way to make me dislike Parker now. Congratulations.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)

Exum (from what little I've seen) just sees the game incredibly smoothly and has the athleticism and shooting to compliment it.

Parker still has great athleticism, but he also seems to have a chip on his shoulder and massive amount of skill for someone so young, making me think he'll never be content to rely on his athleticism and existing skill.

Basically, you can't go wrong with any of the four and I think Jabari is most attainable.

This is more than reasonable.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
Mizzou v NW playing in a rowdy empty Vegas stadium on thanksgiving

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
The games in the Bahamas look like they're being played in the middle of a roller rink on Disco Night.

Yeah, some of these tourneys are just ridiculous. Illinois played in Cancun recently, it was in a hotel ballroom, you could see the cheesy carpet pattern right where the basketball floor ended.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)

That's like saying that Megan Fox is the most attainable of her, Gisele Bundchen, Kate Upton and Katy Perry. You're still not getting any of them.

Edited by ZoomSlowik