Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 08:25 PM)
Vonleh looks great. But I still didn't see athleticism. They were more athletic the last two years.

Big disagree on this point. IU is way more raw and can't shoot for s*** this year, but they are definitely more athletic this year. During the game last night I kept thinking if we could put last year's talent in this year's bodies we'd be real tough for the Orange.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
Big disagree on this point. IU is way more raw and can't shoot for s*** this year, but they are definitely more athletic this year. During the game last night I kept thinking if we could put last year's talent in this year's bodies we'd be real tough for the Orange.

I just dont see it yet. I have memories of Oladipo's unreal ability and Zeller outrunning all big men down the court last year, this year it just looks different, almost slower. I've only seen two games and granted Cuse made them look slow because they are so much more athletic in the paint than most teams.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 09:41 AM)
You nailed Parker's points though, of course it was for a totally different reason.

Michigan wasnt going to win that game, but a few other plays really needed to show up. They looked disorganized at times.

Big time. Robinson is the biggest disappointment in a long time. Stauskas playing on one foot but expected a tad more.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 10:07 AM)
Big time. Robinson is the biggest disappointment in a long time. Stauskas playing on one foot but expected a tad more.

After seeing him for four years in high school, not at all. He was always kind of lazy, and not very instinctive as a basketball player. His teammate Tyler Wideman, a Butler commit, is the same way. I always viewed as a kid who started to believe all of the people who tell him how great he is. After the way he started last year I was hoping he had gotten past it. Apparently not. Personally I always liked McGary much better, just because of his motor and instincts.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)

I'm not even sure Troy Williams is all that far behind Oladipo athletically. He's done a lot of Oladipo-esq type stuff so far. He's probably a step slower, but his leaping ability is close. He's had a handful of dunk putbacks so far this year, including this one last night. Pretty nasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnOIUtOXziQ

Because Indiana?

ku-xlarge.jpg

http://deadspin.com/why-did-this-crying-in...nder-1476440074

Why Did This Crying Indiana Fan Strip Down To Her Underwear?

The tears, we can explain. The partial nudity, not so much.

From a user on the SyracuseFan.com message boards, via Nunes/Magician:

About 2 minutes left in the game I look to my right and this IU chick is sitting there in her bra and panties. I think she was sobbing a little. She had stripped down almost buck naked. As soon as the horn sounded she slipped her jeans and red IU t-shirt back on.

That explains nothing. Was it warm in the Carrier Dome? Did she lose a bet? Are those rally unmentionables? Does she think this is a Claude Rains thing, and she becomes invisible when she takes her clothes off? Is that her Sbarro slice? Did she eat it yet?

The world is full of mysteries.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 09:59 AM)
I just dont see it yet. I have memories of Oladipo's unreal ability and Zeller outrunning all big men down the court last year, this year it just looks different, almost slower. I've only seen two games and granted Cuse made them look slow because they are so much more athletic in the paint than most teams.

Williams is just as athletic as Oladipo, if not more so. Probably a better leaper. Fischer is decently athletic for a big man, but not on Zeller's level. However, the athleticism on last year's team wasn't great outside of those two (and Sheehey). Hulls and Watford weren't athletic at all. This year Perea is getting way more minutes, and Devin Davis and Noah Vonleh are pretty athletic in the front court too.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
They don't really base it on how you finished last year.

I thought they did in the past?

It's too bad that they dont because we could have seen an exciting Indiana-Miami match up. haha

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 08:03 PM)
They don't really base it on how you finished last year.

I think they more base it on how good you are supposed to be in the upcoming season, so the match ups are as relatively even as can be. Of course it's not a perfect science with a limited number of teams and leads to some routs.