Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
I hate A section people. I also hate the inept people who set up the seating. We are finally getting a ticket exchange but why does that have to wait? It could be up tomorrow.

Because we just got electronic, scan-able tickets for football what, last year? We're the slowest AD ever with this stuff. Thanks RG.

Hell, we'll have a ticket exchange and I bet A section people will be too lazy to even post them for sale there.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 09:06 PM)
Reading Brad Sturdy tweets, game wasn't close. Dartmouth was dropping 3's in the end.

Yeah, apparently a dude made 3 ridiculous NBA threes. Even so, should have had a bigger lead at the end.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 09:19 PM)
Saw Vonleh projected as a top ten pick. Good. Get him out of here.

Yes, he's climbing very quickly. His upside through the roof. Showed up to IU at 6'8", and now looks to be a legit 6"10". That's whats really making the difference, along with his motor. Not to metion it looks like he put on about 30 lbs of muscle in a matter of months.

If he stick around, Indiana's a title contender. Unfortunately for IU, I don't think he does.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 07:19 AM)
Yes, he's climbing very quickly. His upside through the roof. Showed up to IU at 6'8", and now looks to be a legit 6"10". That's whats really making the difference, along with his motor. Not to metion it looks like he put on about 30 lbs of muscle in a matter of months.

If he stick around, Indiana's a title contender. Unfortunately for IU, I don't think he does.

I suspect foul play

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 08:24 PM)
NO! I want him to just stay one more year. Pretty please. Just want to see what he can do with the same team he has now + James Blackmon stretching the floor.

Blackmon is a bad mfer. He just set a Marion HS record for points in a game. What makes this really impressive is this is a school with seven state titles and 4 Mr Basketballs, plus at least one more runner up. This isn't a no-where school, is is a blue blood basketball school.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 07:19 AM)

I dont think you stay if you are a top ten pick. Sometimes it just works that way with one and done's. Those core guys that stay 3-4 years are still underrated in the college game.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)
I'm sure that view up is cool, but there has to be a way to make it more functional. Although, I read something that Sampson said the arena was so dumpy that all he could really do with a recruit was point at the banners, say hey help us get a 6th, and leave.

True, but that was before we had Cook Hall (practice facility that opened 3 years ago) next door, so that's alleviated things from an amenities perspective.

If they can actually renovate it and do it right, that's great and would be the best option...I'm just skeptical and think building a new arena might be the way to go.

What's happening to that other Assembly Hall?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 09:09 PM)
Because we just got electronic, scan-able tickets for football what, last year? We're the slowest AD ever with this stuff. Thanks RG.

Hell, we'll have a ticket exchange and I bet A section people will be too lazy to even post them for sale there.

Yeah, apparently a dude made 3 ridiculous NBA threes. Even so, should have had a bigger lead at the end.

Recaps seem to indicate that they got up big and the put the freshman in and the lead shrunk. So long as they get the W, the more freshman playing time the better.

http://www.fightingillini.com/statefarmcenter/details.html

bowl-041513.jpg

It'll be a lot like MSU with the Izzone.The Krush student section will be surrounding the court. For TV purposes, they're also totally reconfiguring everything so the place will actually look like we have fans that attend games, instead of 2 guys at a small table surrounded by 30 feet of empty space, and then an entire A section with 10 people in it. Luxury boxes at a good distance will also help with recruiting trips I think (now they get stuck in a corner by a basket).

I can't wait. It's going to be an amazing atmosphere.

For TV purposes, they're also totally reconfiguring everything so the place will actually look like we have fans that attend games, instead of 2 guys at a small table surrounded by 30 feet of empty space, and then an entire A section with 10 people in it. Luxury boxes at a good distance will also help with recruiting trips I think (now they get stuck in a corner by a basket).

So true in all aspects. Once OSU moved the students down to the floor and especially across from the cameras it completely changed the atmosphere.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
So true in all aspects. Once OSU moved the students down to the floor and especially across from the cameras it completely changed the atmosphere.

That's one thing I don't like about Assembly Hall (in Bloomington). No matter how cool it is to see from the floor up, you don't get the same thing on the cameras. Now, I don't think our cameras make it look bad or anything -- you can still tell it's a good atmosphere, not anything like what you guys are saying is/was happening with the cameras in Champaign. But it's not like you see a bunch of rowdy students like the Izzone, either.

Iowa needs to learn to close out games like that, especially on the road. Last year, they had 7 losses of under 4 points and it cost the a spot in the NCAA's.

They had that game and let it get away with all the missed free throws down the stretch.

Supposedly the loudest/best atmosphere at Hilton in 25 years or so.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 10:52 PM)
Wow was just looking at Michigan's schedule, they very well could be on the bubble come tourney time, they got a lot of games they need to surprise people in.

The Charlotte game hurt but their pre conference schedule had been tough as anyone. I'm guessing they'll get an 8 or 9.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)
I'm not convinced Spike is more than a seldom used fill in for foul trouble type player.

Pretty much. Can't stop penetration at all and Zona gets a dunk because of it. At least he can knock down wide open 3's so guys can't sag off and help.