Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
Is it too early to complain about the refs yet?

No. I was going to post that in my original. It all depends on how its officiated. The new rules level the playing field for away teams a bit, if its old school then ILL is in for a long night.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)
27% from 3pt this year, looks like he's a good fit to replace E. Ross. Sheesh.

Watching him last year, he seemed allergic to playing inside the 3 point line. He should be a solid player in Missouri's system if he's not asked to do too much.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
If the Iowa game was any indication, it's going to be called old school with a timely touch foul here and there.

It seems like refs have given up with new rules in big rivalry games, wouldn't be surprised if in conference it goes back to normal.

For most conferences that's probably good, I'm a little upset if SEC doens't clean it up. I much preferred Big XII basketball than Mizzou's first year in SEC. It was just way too much arm grabbing, clogged lanes and hard hits because frankly a lot of the teams suck and that's how they keep it close.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
It seems like refs have given up with new rules in big rivalry games, wouldn't be surprised if in conference it goes back to normal.

For most conferences that's probably good, I'm a little upset if SEC doens't clean it up. I much preferred Big XII basketball than Mizzou's first year in SEC. It was just way too much arm grabbing, clogged lanes and hard hits because frankly a lot of the teams suck and that's how they keep it close.

We've had one and one. The problem with "Big Ten Basketball" is that it doesnt prepare you for tournament play.