9/6 Game Thread

fathom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 02:37 AM)
But at least they seemed to care in the Yankees series. The last two nights have been just ridiculous. Stoney and Hawk keep saying they don't want to play the younger guys because of respect to teams in a pennant race, but continuing to play the veterans is probably making it easier for the opposition to win.

That's a great point. Just play the young guys. We don't owe any teams a damn thing. Like fathom says when we play our regulars it's just as bad or worse than playing young guys!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 03:18 AM)
That's a great point. Just play the young guys. We don't owe any teams a damn thing. Like fathom says when we play our regulars it's just as bad or worse than playing young guys!

Well, it is called professional courtesy and respect. That does mean something still. But, make out the line up with the young guys and let us see it instead of just complaining

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
But at least they seemed to care in the Yankees series. The last two nights have been just ridiculous. Stoney and Hawk keep saying they don't want to play the younger guys because of respect to teams in a pennant race, but continuing to play the veterans is probably making it easier for the opposition to win.

I had to laugh at that when they said it. This was our best lineup tonight ?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 02:26 AM)
Well, it is called professional courtesy and respect. That does mean something still. But, make out the line up with the young guys and let us see it instead of just complaining

I know, El Rockin, but our regulars are among the worst collectively in Sox history. Playing young guys actually might help our chances of winning greatly. I mean DeAza, Viciedo are fringe big leaguers to begin with. Keppinger is a fringe big leaguer. Same with Beckham when he's going bad. Dunn and Paulie? They are laughably bad. Our catchers?

I mean, Robin should play whoever he wants. Our regulars suck.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
It is high school football for me tonight.

Not that anyone cares if I hi-jack this thread or not but I've got an old high school teammate who's on the Fenwick coaching staff and I'd like to check out one of their games.Who's the most entertaining team of the following...Brother Rice, St. Ignatius, or De La Salle? Any chance they're televised?

I don't really expect you to know this but if you did that'd be sweet....Kinda wanna surprise the guy so I don't wanna ask him.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 04:31 AM)
Not that anyone cares if I hi-jack this thread or not but I've got an old high school teammate who's on the Fenwick coaching staff and I'd like to check out one of their games.Who's the most entertaining team of the following...Brother Rice, St. Ignatius, or De La Salle? Any chance they're televised?

I don't really expect you to know this but if you did that'd be sweet....Kinda wanna surprise the guy so I don't wanna ask him.

I watched the Brother Rice-Marist game on highschoolcube.com tonight and Rice got obliterated. So I'd think Fenwick has a good chance of pounding Rice if Fenwick is any good. Check highschoolcube for the schedule. Rice has a second year coach who has the team playing no huddle wide open offense. Might take a while for that system to work out the kinks on the h.s. level.