9/8 Game Thread

fathom

Avi to miss a few days due to having a bad tooth

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 16m

Avisail Garcia, out today with a bad tooth that needs attention, will get it taken care of Mon in Chicago and could miss a couple days

1. Alejandro De Aza (L) CF

2. Leury Garcia (S) 2B

3. Alexei Ramirez ® SS

4. Adam Dunn (L) DH

5. Jeff Keppinger ® 1B

6. Conor Gillaspie (L) 3B

7. Dayan Viciedo ® LF

8. Jordan Danks (L) RF

9. Bryan Anderson (L) C

Edited by fathom

So the White Sox get four hits in an inning and get one run. Predictable the Orioles bomb a home run in the next at bat of the game. This game has 'loss' written all over it again. How the hell are the White Sox going to sell any tickets this offseason? You'd have to be a millionaire with tons of disposable income to buy a ticket to watch this again next season.

The homer by Dunn is why he's not going to retire. He'll remember how good that felt and look at his numbers and see he's still "productive." Hope his final year in a White Sox uniform is a winner, but that doesn't seem likely. It's amazing how no team in baseball will want a guy with his numbers. Just makes too much money for the whiff machine he often is.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
The homer by Dunn is why he's not going to retire. He'll remember how good that felt and look at his numbers and see he's still "productive." Hope his final year in a White Sox uniform is a winner, but that doesn't seem likely. It's amazing how no team in baseball will want a guy with his numbers. Just makes too much money for the whiff machine he often is.

Will you please stop with this garbage?

It's the same as saying "I can't believe no team in baseball would want a hall of famer like Albert Pujols" which is fundamentally true for exactly the same reason. You just keep doing it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 08:22 PM)
Will you please stop with this garbage?

It's the same as saying "I can't believe no team in baseball would want a hall of famer like Albert Pujols" which is fundamentally true for exactly the same reason. You just keep doing it.

I was just trying to point out why he won't be retiring. That home run had to feel so good and he knows 15 mill don't grow on trees.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
I was just trying to point out why he won't be retiring. That home run had to feel so good and he knows 15 mill don't grow on trees.

And I notice how you didn't try to defend the line I highlighted as garbage.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 03:47 PM)
It went through my head at that time so I wrote it. If you are offended or upset I apologize.

I don't care if you're apologizing, learn something. People said the same thing last time you pulled that post out. It happens all the time, there are more than a few hall of famers in the league you can say the same thing about, that no one would pick them up, you can even say exactly that about Paul Konerko, but when people point that out you ignore it and then a week or two later write the exact same thing like it's some sort of indictment of Dunn.

Let's see what the stat lines say. 6.2 IP, 4 K's, 4 hits, 2 walks, 1 ER, 99 pitches 59 strikes for Rienzo. Pretty good.

Couple hits including an RBI double for Viciedo, he's been rolling ever since he came back from that hand injury. .344/.385/.574/.958 since that injury.

Couple hits for Gillaspie, couple hits and a stolen base for Ramirez.

Home run and 3 stirkeouts for Dunn.