9/9 Game Thread

southsider2k5

I hate to mention this, because it just means this thread will be immediately locked, but I am actually rooting for a 30-0 White Sox winner tonight, in which Sale throws a perfecto and Scherzer gives up 30 runs in the 1st inning and loses. I know Sale is a long shot, but I'd like to think he has an outside chance at the Cy Young if he finishes super strong and Scherzer/Feliz/Kuroda/Darvish struggle somewhat.

I feel like Phegley's goal on every groundout where he is trying to beat the throw, he is trying to stop himself as close to 1st base as he can. At least 4 or 5 times now I have seen him slow down as he approaches 1st and then come to a complete stop 5 feet past 1st. It's like he doesn't realize he can run through the base, it's weird and he is going to break an ankle stopping so hard.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)
I feel like Phegley's goal on every groundout where he is trying to beat the throw, he is trying to stop himself as close to 1st base as he can. At least 4 or 5 times now I have seen him slow down as he approaches 1st and then come to a complete stop 5 feet past 1st. It's like he doesn't realize he can run through the base, it's weird and he is going to break an ankle stopping so hard.

Love Sale dancing in the dugout over Cabrera's ejection.