Twitter/Facebook

greg775

Cmon Soxtalk, I'm doing a survey. Do you use Twitter and Facebook and please give me a few comments on what you think of each.

Greg says re. Twitter: Hilarious to read all the second-guessing of coaches and quarterbacks on Twitter over the weekend. If you like negativity in your life, you embrace Twitter. My gosh.

Greg says re Facebook: I have some family members scared to death of putting their "personal information" and pictures on there. They say they don't want people in their past knowing what they are doing. I say I LOVE letting people in my past know what I'm doing.

Do you folks use Twitter and Facebook? Do you like them? I wish both would go away, but use both.

Facebook yes, Twitter no.

I have FB because I've moved around a lot and have a lot of freinds far away that I can keep in touch with.

I don't use Twitter because everything you post is much more public. With FB I have more control over who sees what. My wife has Twitter though so my best one-liners end up on there via her.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 01:10 AM)
Cmon Soxtalk, I'm doing a survey. Do you use Twitter and Facebook and please give me a few comments on what you think of each.

Greg says re. Twitter: Hilarious to read all the second-guessing of coaches and quarterbacks on Twitter over the weekend. If you like negativity in your life, you embrace Twitter. My gosh.

Greg says re Facebook: I have some family members scared to death of putting their "personal information" and pictures on there. They say they don't want people in their past knowing what they are doing. I say I LOVE letting people in my past know what I'm doing.

Do you folks use Twitter and Facebook? Do you like them? I wish both would go away, but use both.

why do you write in the 3rd person???? i seriously think this guy's been trolling us for the last half decade

I use Facebook a lot, Twitter not as much and usually just when there is an event I am following. I also use Instagram, Vine, FourSquare, and a few other programs in that same genre. It helps me to stay relevent to my students.

I like Facebook because it's easy to talk to people about things and you get an interactive feel to it all. If you want to play games, listen to music, look at humorous pictures, join groups and talk about sports, or politics, or your hobbies, or just keep up with high school, college or internet friends, it's easy.

Twitter is good for humorous one-liners, up-to-the-second news, and new topics and trends.

I prefer FB to Twitter because it's more visual and easier to communicate with people.

It's nice to rewind and watch a play over again, but I don't have the ability to watch a game after it's already happened. I need to know the outcome right away.

My Dad perfected the art of recording a game, beginning to watch it from the beginning about an hour after it started, and catch up to live action right at the end of the game. Skip the commercials and still know the result of the game as it happens.

I don't even bother with "taped" sporting events and didn't even have HD until about 2 years ago.

I could live without them both when it comes to sports. It's tougher to live without internet info and streaming sports online for me because I don't want to pay for TV sports packages.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 11:15 AM)
It's nice to rewind and watch a play over again, but I don't have the ability to watch a game after it's already happened. I need to know the outcome right away.

I watch recorded games all the time. It's live to me, I'd rather watch the game than just look at a box score.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 11:22 AM)
My Dad perfected the art of recording a game, beginning to watch it from the beginning about an hour after it started, and catch up to live action right at the end of the game. Skip the commercials and still know the result of the game as it happens.

I do this all the time.

One thing I'll say about twitter. You can't give it a try for a few days or weeks. It takes time to build up the people you follow. Once you do that, your feed just gets better and better and worth checking throughout the day. If you're just following a handful of people then your feed is pretty worthless. I'd say you need to follow at least 100 people to keep it interesting.

And keep it interesting. Follow some stuff around sports, tv, movies, politics, comedy, news, etc.

One thing I love doing is following my feed during big events (sporting events, Oscars, season finale of shows, etc.). It's highly entertaining if you have a great list of people that you follow.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
One thing I'll say about twitter. You can't give it a try for a few days or weeks. It takes time to build up the people you follow. Once you do that, your feed just gets better and better and worth checking throughout the day. If you're just following a handful of people then your feed is pretty worthless. I'd say you need to follow at least 100 people to keep it interesting.

And keep it interesting. Follow some stuff around sports, tv, movies, politics, comedy, news, etc.

One thing I love doing is following my feed during big events (sporting events, Oscars, season finale of shows, etc.). It's highly entertaining if you have a great list of people that you follow.

Twitter is a great source of quick information.