Twitter/Facebook

greg775

I use both, a LOT.

I like to think of Twitter as my stream of conscious, 90% of which is of no value. And I like to think of Facebook as my more "serious" outlet for ideas and making comments. Overall I find Facebook much more useful to communicate, share, and learn about people. Twitter I just use to find out instant info.

FB occasionally, rarely post to it. The Facebook App on iPhone is such garbage though, takes forever to load anything, behaves funny, which makes it frustrating to use.

Twitter, I've got my own account I rarely use, but I'm using the @FutureSox account some of the time and read that feed a lot. Twitter is a great information tool.

I have a Twitter account that I use to follow certain people for sports news but I never actually tweet. I never use my Facebook account and have considered taking it down but leave it up in case there is someone from my past that wants to get in touch with me that wouldn't have my contact info. I really don't like to put private things in the public sphere with my name attached to them.

I use the list feature extensively on Twitter. I have a White Sox list, so I can go there and get pretty much solely White Sox and MLB related news. I then have a list for other Chicago sports, which you might think would get crowded but at any given time there is usually only one team being posted about. Blackhawks and Bulls will have the most conflicts once they are both playing games at the same time, but that won't be too often. I then have a politics and news list where I have curated which news sources and political commentators/figures I want to hear from. I typically will make a quick sweep through that list, identify articles I want to read, then save each one I want to my Pocket for reading later.

Facebook is for general BS among friends, I find that I check it fairly often but don't actually post/comment/like very often. I have a couple groups that I use, such as one for my work and one among a group of workout buddies. I will occasionally share news that I think is important and not 100% certain to start an argument. I have also used it to solicit donations for my fundraising commitment to St. Jude with limited success.