Gordon Beckham

oldsox

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
Not much of a Facebook guy, but there's a good Sox page I follow. They're usually pretty good with info, they leaked the Peavy and Crain deals many hours before they were official. Here's what they posted recently on Beckham:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=433...5219&type=1

Oh jesus, some of those comments.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 03:26 PM)
He has been playing with a bad quad for over a month. I think the Sox will bring him back and he has shown for stretches he can hit. He has been banged up this year. If he can stay healthy, IMO, he will put up good numbers. Can he stay healthy is a good question though.

He's been playing with a bad bat for 5 years. I just don't see any indication that there's upside left. He's got almost 2500 Major League plate appearances.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)
If he's still under Sox control they'll trade him in a minor transaction before just releasing him, right? At this point, it will be a very very minor trade as Beckham is yet another failed hitting prospect.

If they offer him arbitration they're stuck paying him whatever the arbitration amount is. They could trade him, but they could also offer him arbitration and find there's no demand for him at that sticker price.

Not much of a Facebook guy, but there's a good Sox page I follow. They're usually pretty good with info, they leaked the Peavy and Crain deals many hours before they were official. Here's what they posted recently on Beckham:

Release him? First of all it would be Non-Tender him, and not release him. Secondly, it ain't happening. Unless the Sox have Robinson Cano fall into their laps for a miracle contract, Gordon Beckham will be the 2014 opening day first baseman. Simien may well break camp with the Sox but it will be at 3B or SS.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
Release him? First of all it would be Non-Tender him, and not release him. Secondly, it ain't happening. Unless the Sox have Robinson Cano fall into their laps for a miracle contract, Gordon Beckham will be the 2014 opening day first baseman. Simien may well break camp with the Sox but it will be at 3B or SS.

I love that you immediately pointed out another site/person's mistake while you post some pretty obvious ones as well. :lol:

Two posts and a link directly to a Facebook page. Obvious, much?