SI on Paulie and our lousy future

Tannerfan

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
I'd expect your right with one big caveat...

he has to move to either 1b or preferably DH to do so. Like Frank.

He's going to be destroyed at 3b and you can already see it happening the last 2 years. More and more injuries piling up by the time August/September roll around.

With the injuries he has had, it has amazed me that his bat hasn't suffered at all.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
That doesn't explain the rest of the year.

Yeah, the rest of the year has impressed, but there were articles a couple weeks ago saying he was so banged up he really should be on the DL (but wasn't there because of individual stat goals) and his September numbers are completely consistent with that.

Just saw this little tidbit on Paulie's partner in suckage, Mr. Dunn.

Fantasy advice: "Manager Robin Ventura thinks Dunn has looked tired recently, and the big man's .104/.211/.194 batting line over the last 21 games is also surely a factor (in sitting 3 games in a row)."

I'll say this for Dunn, when he goes bad, he takes it to a new level. You might call it the Dunn-ce level of hitting. Paulie may have no power anymore, but still raps a hit a game. He usually goes 1-for-4 ish.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 11:47 PM)
Just saw this little tidbit on Paulie's partner in suckage, Mr. Dunn.

Fantasy advice: "Manager Robin Ventura thinks Dunn has looked tired recently, and the big man's .104/.211/.194 batting line over the last 21 games is also surely a factor (in sitting 3 games in a row)."

I'll say this for Dunn, when he goes bad, he takes it to a new level. You might call it the Dunn-ce level of hitting. Paulie may have no power anymore, but still raps a hit a game. He usually goes 1-for-4 ish.

If PK were a middle infielder then great, thats cute, but when you play 1B you need to produce more than he has.

Even with Dunns slump (and PKs good month so far) his numbers vs RHP still look better, PK has the 2 point batting average advantage (.228 vs .226), but Dunns obp is 60 points higher (.328 vs .268), and his slugging% is 144 points higher (.451 vs .307).